Forums

Miscellaneous

VM Pro

Posted in Developer's corner

FC Sunnyvale (Bubbles) Developer 14 February 2020, 15:03
So, as I wrote in today's blog post, the plan is to finally add a new advertising-free subscription, which is a proposal that has appeared several times over the years.

I would like to hear your opinion on this:
  • In general, do you think it is a good idea to have some kind of ad-free subscription?
  • What do you say to the idea of ​​letting youth squads become part of the subscription?
  • Do you think people will buy the ad-free subscription if it doesn't contain anything "extra"? Would you?
  • If you don't think that youth squads should be part of the ad-free subscription, do you have any ideas for other things we could add to the subscription instead?

Goochie All Stars (Clinton Kirwan) 14 February 2020, 15:44
1, I Myself think it is a good idea to have some kind of ad-free subscription.
2, I think ​​letting youth squads become part of the subscription is a good idea but should be in the basic premium but upgraded with the VMPro somehow maybe extra Trainers or cost free Stadium maintenance?
3, I think people will buy the ad-free subscription if it doesn't contain anything "extra" as the ads are not that bad and part of the DNA of the game and should stay Limited/basic
4, I like the idea of a 'Players Fund' where Players can donate extra or a way when Were paying for Our Fee a option to pay a extra £1/£2 or whatever amount into this 'Players Fund?...just a extra idea.

FC Sunnyvale (Bubbles) Developer 14 February 2020, 16:01
The same discussion is currently underway over on the Danish forum as well.

It seems everyone agrees that an ad-free subscription would be great.

Some wouldn't mind if youth squads required the new subscription and others have suggested a number of alternatives that could be added to the ad-free subscription instead - so that youth squads would only require normal premium.

FC Sunnyvale (Bubbles) Developer 14 February 2020, 16:04
Goochie All Stars wrote:
4, I like the idea of a 'Players Fund' where Players can donate extra or a way when Were paying for Our Fee a option to pay a extra £1/£2 or whatever amount into this 'Players Fund?...just a extra idea.
I wouldn't feel good about having people donate, since it is a business after all. I'd rather sell you some stuff that makes you happy and feel like you got your money's worth.

The Brahma Bulls (nothingtoseehere) 14 February 2020, 16:09
1. I'll be honest makes no difference most people surely block the ads anyway.

2. Not looking forward to youth squads being implemented in away I'm not entirely keen on as for having it as a selling point it's only going to really benefit those with the better training facilities so new comers on lawn may feel disappointed, ripped off.

3. Just up the price of the current one.

Bradford P A (michael hirst) 14 February 2020, 16:18
Nice to hear youth squads finally arriving
I am open to increasing subscriptions for amount of time I spend on game

Morvannec FC (Elof Valantor) 14 February 2020, 16:29
In general, do you think it is a good idea to have some kind of ad-free subscription?

Yes.

What do you say to the idea of ​​letting youth squads become part of the subscription?

If the youth squads are replacing the current system, no. If normal subscribers can still discover youths and develop them in their main club, then yes.
No sub: No youths
VM sub: Discover and sign youths to senior squad (like today).
VM Pro: Discover and sign youths to youth squad.

Do you think people will buy the ad-free subscription if it doesn't contain anything "extra"? Would you?

Some would. Most won't. Why pay for something that, as you already mentioned, you can get for free with a browser plugin? Ad-free is a deal sweetener.

If you don't think that youth squads should be part of the ad-free subscription, do you have any ideas for other things we could add to the subscription instead?

See answer to 2.

Alpha Wolf (Lewis Taylor Brent) 14 February 2020, 16:44
In general, do you think it is a good idea to have some kind of ad-free subscription?

Yes, I mentioned it recently smiley

What do you say to the idea of ​​letting youth squads become part of the subscription?

I think it's a good idea, as others have mentioned, it will make the extra cost feel worth while.

Do you think people will buy the ad-free subscription if it doesn't contain anything "extra"? Would you?

I would buy it, but I doubt it would be as popular as there are free alternative ways around it.

If you don't think that youth squads should be part of the ad-free subscription, do you have any ideas for other things we could add to the subscription instead?

You could add cosmetic items, such as slightly fancier kits, maybe the stadiums can have a few changes made. Maybe a couple of extra youth creations slots (something small, but will be cool)

Gunners SC (Josep Guardiola) 14 February 2020, 17:44
Hi.

I am waiting for the youth team since i have heard about it for the first time, hoping that we are getting closer to this moment .
To be honest i think that the Youth team should come with the VM Premium, is anyway something that was promised for so long and big reason why I am playing the game (maybe also others, even if the do not say it).
VM PRO should come with other benefits, maybe lower cost when you have to fix the stadium, better staff, being able to sign the youth straight to the youth team.

Cheers!

Yutani FC (Kaede Yutani) 14 February 2020, 17:51
Q1
A1:
No it seems silly and has no purpose since adblock is a commonly used plugin.

Q2

A2; Honestly I dislike tiered subscription plans but I understand that you have to shore up earnings somehow, without squeezing/angering people.

Q3
A3: No. Adblock is free - supporting the game is nice though, and I'd probably upgrade for that reason alone.

Q4
A4: I'm not sure to be honest, I have a hard time seeing how you could implement non-consequential stuff to the game, like Cosmetics which is the first that comes to mind, referencing many modern games and how they attempt to earn money.

Ideas for "other things"

1. With PRO sub, you get to customize your youth talents faces. (pick between the combinations of mouths, eyes, hairstyles etc) and their Weight/Height (I'm not sure if those values actually have impact in the game engine though).

2. Better kits. More detailed/intricate designs. A bigger palette of colors to choose from (boring but hey).

3. Access to a Hall of Fame page for your club, which tracks and logs the players who've played for your clubs stats and has certain categories to show.
"Most Scoring Player of All Time" etc etc.

This wouldn't be a huge project in terms of developement since you already track statistics while they're in your club, and it wouldn't need insane graphics or a 3d environtment. Just a page with their beautiful faces in frames, and titles and relevant stats.

----> I've seen some managers have small lists on their manager page to record their GOAT's and Milestones.

3a. Heck, access to a "museum" page for your club, to better track "when did I finally achieve X/Y achievement" could be incorporated into your Hall of Fame(and history of the club).

It wouldn't grant you actual advantages, but it'd certainly be a "nice to have" thing.

I dont know how much data is stored on such things, or for how long. But it could be made to work from now and forward for newer players I guess.

4. More statistical stuff.
It'd be nice to have a page where you can look up your clubs statistics. How many red cards have we gotten, how many legs did we break this season/how many of our legs got broken.

I really think the Statistics tab under each player seems hollow, since it gets reset each week anyway, and in "history" it only tracks "games played and goals scored".

Stuff like,
Tackles pr Minute (played) / TPM
Pasees per minute / PPM (succesful passes)
Saves per Minute / SPM
Goals per Minute / GPM
Fouls per Minute / FPM
Cards per minute / CPM (yellow is worth 1, reds are 2 if that makes sense - is there technical red cards? I've forgotten. 3 yellows become a red? if yes, then I guess reds should count as 3)
Injuries per Match / IPM

so on and so forth.

All these things could actually to useful, in a way, since, I always feel like its "that guy" who gets the cards, but I have nothing to track it with, beyond doing in manually anyway - which isn't unreasonable, but I think getting access to some statistical tools would be a cool feature that a PRO subscription could offer, and that alone would kinda make it "worthwhile" in a useful way, that isn't exactly gaining an advantage over others.

Expand on the statistic player page, which everyone should have access to, the one that resets each week but updated to track all those things mentioned above for example. At a seasons end, any manager could go in, and take a screenshot/note it all down on a excel sheet for example for record-keeping. (so he has access to the same statistics that a Pro sub would have, just with more work).

But if you're a Pro sub, you get a dedicated page that tracks all these things, and gives you easy access to the statistics in a user friendly UI.

This would actually be super cool, and I'd subscribe for this alone, even if youth squads is made to be "pro subs only" /which I'd be sad to see happen.

ADDITION/EDIT:
I've seen people talk about being willing to have more clubs/with active subs on those too.
Why not add a feature that you can get that Pro sub, to be able to manage two teams on the same account(both with access to youth squads) --> But they aren't allowed to trade with each other as their only restriction.

I mean, I'm pretty sure we'd get much livelier leagues this way, and maybe, JUST MAYBE, we could open up asian leagues as well smiley haha!

EDIT 2: Maybe, only have 1 youth squad, but let it be able to send its youths along to either you club A or club B ?