Forums

Miscellaneous

Coronavirus (Covid-19)

Posted in Off Topic

A Tribe Called Quest (xx) 7 April 2020, 20:21
Johns Army wrote:
Have a day off today for first time in 5 days, tomorrow I’m starting nights again doing 6 nights 12 hours shifts each, then off for 1 day (day I finish my night) then back on long days for 5 days. I hope you all are doing okay, not going to lie myself I am starting to feel very drained of work which ain’t good as my immune system will drop. Working with and in contact with covid 19 patients every time I’m at work so having to take extra care, but it is really hard. The hospital is running extremely low of ppe masks, clean scrubs cleaning equipment and so on which we need to protect ourselves. Some ward nurses are having to use just surgical masks while they are working with positive covid patients. I’m sure if you follow the news you’ve seen that some workers have died from it smiley scary times but we all still are going in to help everyone. So please stay safe & don’t do things outside that aren’t necessary as you have to protect us! It’s gonna be worse over next two weeks or so. But if you stay home it will take some pressure off us not loads but just think about what your doing.
Thanks John you hero, enjoy your well earned rest! My sister works on ICU and it sounds horrific. It’s nice to see the NHS workers getting the respect they deserve for once!

A Tribe Called Quest (xx) 7 April 2020, 20:24
Whittall United wrote:
Thats just it, when the sun is out, we really need to be out if the UV does kill it, in our gardens though, why is that not being said, it may help massively.
Yeah fresh air definitely won’t do anyone any harm as long as people stay away from each other! Also, it’s a good idea to leave any shopping in sunlight for a few hours if possible, in the hope that this virus is killed by uv.

Johns Army (John) Forum moderator 8 April 2020, 04:56
A Tribe Called Quest wrote:
Johns Army wrote:
Have a day off today for first time in 5 days, tomorrow I’m starting nights again doing 6 nights 12 hours shifts each, then off for 1 day (day I finish my night) then back on long days for 5 days. I hope you all are doing okay, not going to lie myself I am starting to feel very drained of work which ain’t good as my immune system will drop. Working with and in contact with covid 19 patients every time I’m at work so having to take extra care, but it is really hard. The hospital is running extremely low of ppe masks, clean scrubs cleaning equipment and so on which we need to protect ourselves. Some ward nurses are having to use just surgical masks while they are working with positive covid patients. I’m sure if you follow the news you’ve seen that some workers have died from it smiley scary times but we all still are going in to help everyone. So please stay safe & don’t do things outside that aren’t necessary as you have to protect us! It’s gonna be worse over next two weeks or so. But if you stay home it will take some pressure off us not loads but just think about what your doing.
Thanks John you hero, enjoy your well earned rest! My sister works on ICU and it sounds horrific. It’s nice to see the NHS workers getting the respect they deserve for once!
Where does she work? smiley

Note on Boris I hope he will be okay, dunno if he is in itu because he is the prime minister and getting special treatment or generally he is that sick. Gonna say if he is that sick like the ones in itu at my hospital then well uh better start praying for the man as that ain’t good chances

Johns Army (John) Forum moderator 8 April 2020, 04:58
Whittall United wrote:
Thats just it, when the sun is out, we really need to be out if the UV does kill it, in our gardens though, why is that not being said, it may help massively.
Yeah fresh air definitely won’t do anyone any harm as long as people stay away from each other! Also, it’s a good idea to leave any shopping in sunlight for a few hours if possible, in the hope that this virus is killed by uv.
Conspiracy’s smiley

No proof that is it killed by sun. BUT.. what have China been building ... an artificial sun.... now everything in China is okay... conspiracy I tells ya

Whittall United (Grant) 8 April 2020, 13:02
Johns Army wrote:
Whittall United wrote:
Conspiracy’s smiley

No proof that is it killed by sun. BUT.. what have China been building ... an artificial sun.... now everything in China is okay... conspiracy I tells ya
We have to try what we can John, if we don't, we wont know smiley

A Tribe Called Quest (xx) 8 April 2020, 17:59
Johns Army wrote:
Conspiracy’s smiley

Not full blown conspiracies as many viruses are killed off by UV but yeah no one really knows at the moment!

Also from your previous reply, my sister is a nurse in Dorset, where’re you based? My dad is also a GP down there so he’s gone back to work from home after recently retiring.

Frankies acre bhoys (all players transfer listed) 8 April 2020, 21:01
SuDoku AFC wrote:
Frankies acre bhoys wrote:
i was diagnosed on wednesday with copd;;now im one of the ones at risk i have to isolate as much as possible for 12 weeks smiley
> Hope you're over the worst of it now ... & on the road to full recovery!
thanks charles smiley

Frankies acre bhoys (all players transfer listed) 8 April 2020, 21:07
god bless all nhs frontline nurses the bottle that takes;never know if theyre next but still turn up;from evey aspect of the nhs god bless and take care x

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 8 April 2020, 21:11
god bless all nhs frontline nurses the bottle that takes;never know if theyre next but still turn up;from evey aspect of the nhs god bless and take care x
Absolutely smiley

The Goon Squad (Very) 9 April 2020, 00:05
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
Absolutely smiley
+1,000,000