Forums

Miscellaneous

Coronavirus (Covid-19)

Posted in Off Topic

Frankies acre bhoys (all players transfer listed) 19 March 2020, 22:30
i dont know why it so ling too get us in lockdown smiley

Johns Army (John) Forum moderator 19 March 2020, 22:44
I’m off tomorrow, first day off in over a week. Back on Saturday night onwards for 5 nights. Gonna try to do some shopping.... any ideas where to go lol.. I hear supermarkets are sold out on lots of things.. will go early!

Arsenäl FC (International Quad Champion) Forum moderator 19 March 2020, 22:47
Afghanistan wrote:
Arsenäl FC wrote:
34 new cases in China today but...

China has reported no new locally transmitted coronavirus cases for the first time since the pandemic began. Wow!! Well done China. Extreme strict rules is paying off. The world should follow suit and increase restrictions.
lol

Certain countries are full of shit & that includes China. A country that imprisons journalists & doctors for reporting actual facts, not allowing foreign journalists to do their job. The only thing they do is to allow state approved media to report their propaganda. They underreport report massively but no one knows by how much. If there's one thing that helps spread this virus - it's poor hygiene. Outside of the tier 1 cities (Shanghai, Beijing, Shenzhen, Guangzhou) and the rich Chinese. China looks worse than many 3rd world countries in terms of their access to decent sanitation & hundreds of millions of Chinese have extremely poor habits when it comes to hygiene. Try to look at "Serpentza's" Youtube channel: a South African guy, married to a Chinese doctor and lived in China for over a decade: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbHxeOQA1Mc

Tbf it's in Chinas or CCP's (Chinas Communist Party's) best interest to underreport & make their country look better. Telling the story of them doing a fantastic job, them being the heros etc. I could keep on going. They knew about the severity of this virus months before but kept it a secret and underplayed it's seriousness to keep their economy going.

China is not the only country to underreport, lie or simply not test enough people (It's like just closing your eye to a massive problem). You would be naive to believe countries like China, Iran, Russia, USA, Turkey, North Korea etc.

Other countries with poor management/leadership of this pandemic has been Brazil, Australia and to be honest even the UK. Your government are slowly waking up. There's probably more countries but it's hard to blame 3rd world countries for their horrible leaders or lack of resources to tackle this crisis.
I don't deny what you are saying but it's better to have some belief than none at all as these are very scary times. Of course it's worrying no doubt about it. Was listening to the radio earlier of a guy who is from here but has a chewing gum business in China and is currently living there. He reported that businesses like restaurants reopened last week in certain provinces and admitted that there are still strict restrictions in place for travel from 1 province to another and told how his business lost 90% in exports in January, 60% in February and about 50% for March as things stand and couldn't highlight enough how important social distancing was but for him anyway as he was saying things are improving which of course is good news and may it continue.

It's very worrying to see people here and I guess there too who are not social distancing. I don't know about the UK but here, kids are not even allowed in supermarkets. If things got so bad here like Italy, there would be pandemonium. Our hospitals would never cope. Before the pandemic, people on trolleys for days because of no beds. I guess it won't get as bad as Italy here but if so, there needs to be a complete lockdown as people just don't seem to be listening to social distancing.

Frankies acre bhoys (all players transfer listed) 19 March 2020, 22:50
Johns Army wrote:
I’m off tomorrow, first day off in over a week. Back on Saturday night onwards for 5 nights. Gonna try to do some shopping.... any ideas where to go lol.. I hear supermarkets are sold out on lots of things.. will go early!
im sure all your superstores ie asda tesco morrisons aldi are staying open ,but im sure theres times just for over 70 between maybe 7.30 till 9.30 then open as usuall till another time then another age not to sure but think i heard it earlier

Frankies acre bhoys (all players transfer listed) 19 March 2020, 22:58
this morning 104 died from the virus in britian 4 hours later its 141 wonder what the figure will be now?

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 19 March 2020, 23:02
Frankies acre bhoys wrote:
this morning 104 died from the virus in britian 4 hours later its 141 wonder what the figure will be now?
Just reading that Italy's figures, 2 weeks ago, are similar to ours now ...Italy now have over 3400 deaths smiley

Frankies acre bhoys (all players transfer listed) 19 March 2020, 23:10
are the goverments telling us the real deaths i doubt it

Arsenäl FC (International Quad Champion) Forum moderator 19 March 2020, 23:12
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
Frankies acre bhoys wrote:
Just reading that Italy's figures, 2 weeks ago, are similar to ours now ...Italy now have over 3400 deaths smiley
Indeed very scary. Was it only today or yesterday that Boris closed all schools? There's no doubt, Boris was slow to react in comparison to here and other European countries.

Frankies acre bhoys (all players transfer listed) 19 March 2020, 23:15
like the one he said we should all avoid pubs clubs theartes etc then his old man says il go for a pint if i want lol

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 19 March 2020, 23:16
Arsenäl FC wrote:
Indeed very scary. Was it only today or yesterday that Boris closed all schools?
Tomorrow actually. smiley