Forums

Miscellaneous

Super Talents - spreading the joy

Posted in Ideas/development

Newcastle U FC (Rolf Bergström) 18 March 2020, 14:03
Looking at the Auction, Transfer List and fora, it is clear that a good few 'supertalents' are introduced each week into the game with exceptional training and commanding prices of 10-30m. Fair enough and good luck to the clubs lucky enough to be granted these talented youths.

However, many clubs very rarely, if ever, produce such talents. I understand it's all random, but random is not the same as fair. For example, in about 6 years, usually creating about 5 youths a week, I must have recruited about 1100-1300 youth players, and in all that time I think I have created a single exceptional talent, and that was 4 years ago!

What do people think about applying an algorithm that says if a team has created say x number of talents (x can be 30, 60, 80 or whatever), then the next talent they create should be a 'supertalent'? I personally think this would be a great step in "spreading the joy" and allowing Players to have the opportunity to create a great player either to use to improve their team, or to sell.

Rolf

Whittall United (Grant) 18 March 2020, 14:17
Not a fan of this at all.

The glaring flaw, how do you make it "fair" regarding who gets what super youth?
Different prices for different positions, or are you happy for that to be random?

The highest price youth i created was sold for 22m, many moons ago, but i quite like the fact of not knowing whether the next youth is a big one. Be boring if you knew you was gonna get one imo.

Doesn't work for me this idea.