Forums

Miscellaneous

Final phase: Stress test

Posted in Youth squads beta

Tracys Treats (christopher) 31 March 2020, 20:02
The whole point in a manager game is to manage, things are not meant to be easy, do your best it’s never going to be perfect and never should it be, players are tired our not enough spaces etc is what it is, just get on with it.

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 31 March 2020, 20:36
Tracys Treats wrote:
The whole point in a manager game is to manage, things are not meant to be easy, do your best it’s never going to be perfect and never should it be, players are tired our not enough spaces etc is what it is, just get on with it.
You are missing the point completely it's a ridiculous situation when a youth squad of 18 players is either competing with teams with 30 or 22 players and there training as to be clipped it is against the whole purpose of the game its a downgrade

FC Viitorul Constanta (Gheorghe Hagi) 31 March 2020, 21:03
Maybe allowing up to 8 players from youth to play in the Senior team and 8 from Senior to play in the youth squad could be a win-win, allowing the mood of 23-26 yo to not loose mood and youths to not lose energy...

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 31 March 2020, 21:30
FC Viitorul Constanta wrote:
Maybe allowing up to 8 players from youth to play in the Senior team and 8 from Senior to play in the youth squad could be a win-win, allowing the mood of 23-26 yo to not loose mood and youths to not lose energy...
that is still not addressing the problem before having a youth squad you had 30 league games forget about cups etc with 30 players

Now you have 60 league games with 40 players this is the problem especially div 4 or above with 18 youth players up against teams of 22 or 30 players the energy levels are a major problem because of the lack of squad places available to youth teams this should also be increased to a minimum of 22 players ideally 25 this would seamlessly facilitate the flow of teams from youth to senior level.
As for first-team squads should be 25 players strong like the premiership and European cup competitions

Newcastle U FC (Rolf Bergström) 1 April 2020, 14:49
FC Sunnyvale wrote:
Today I've granted access to the remaining club who signed up for the beta, so there are now more than 3000 clubs with access to youth squads.

We've still got a fairly long list of improvements, we want to implement, but feel free to suggest more.

Have a nice weekend, everyone.
I just wanted to make sure that my 3 serious suggestions (see 2-4 below) are being considered. Thank you.

1. (Not ideal and unecessary if the other options are adopted). Give players who have piloted YTs the option of opting out. Whether they can be reimbursed for their investment in the YT ground is one question. Restoring the previous method of mood retention (a few token minutes of pitch time per game) is probably no longer possible though.

2. Adjust the way that mood retention is affected for 23-27 year olds so that their moods are not hammered by missing most first team senior squad games. I have seen some interesting posts as to how more appropriate criteria could be adopted, relating 23-27 year olds' mood retention to factors including league tier and the presence of older better players in the squad. The formula could be simple or complex but it really does need to change from where it currenty is as we don't want to lose disaffected players.

3. Allow 23-27 year old 'squad players' more opportunities to receive mood modifiers through, for example, a Youth Cup competition and/or allowing more friendly matches a week and/or allowing the senior squad to play the club's own YT, possibly as often as necessary/possible given other fixtures. I think these are all reasonable approaches to tackle the problem too and certainly worthy of consideration.

4. Enable players to stay in the YTs until age 24. This will have a few great effects. Primarily, it will protect them from compromised training resulting from mood-reductions by not playing many minutes for the senior team. By keeping their mood at 7 (they will play most minutes of most YT matches), their stats will still be optimisable so that when they do progress to the senior team, they will be in better shape to come into the first 11 for games without the team's performance being overly compromised. Secondly, it will enable us to have better YTs and this will provide a more fun element of pitting the YTs against other clubs' senior teams.

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 1 April 2020, 16:08

Due to my youth squad playing 5 games today I trained at intense training down from hard as before youth squad and even taking this precautions some of my players still require energy boosts with one game still to play. All games played at a relaxed tempo, players in wrong positions to avoid winning ( does that resonate )
Why was released with so many obvious flaws its a game-changer alright for the worse ...

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Crew 1 April 2020, 16:12
Coptic Titans wrote:

Due to my youth squad playing 5 games today I trained at intense training down from hard as before youth squad and even taking this precautions some of my players still require energy boosts with one game still to play.
Why was released with so many obvious flaws its a game-changer alright for the worse ...
At the moment I tend to only play 8 youths and rotate them to save energy until I have enough youths to field 11 players. I also play with all tactic instructions on the lowest. Not ideal but it works for me at the moment.

Whittall United (Grant) 1 April 2020, 16:18
Coptic Titans wrote:

Due to my youth squad playing 5 games today I trained at intense training down from hard as before youth squad and even taking this precautions some of my players still require energy boosts with one game still to play.
Im going have to agree here.

My youth squad play in div 6, yes most are fairly new youths, but energy shouldn't be an issue in this league, well it didn't seem it was previously.

I've noticed players in this division will need a minimum of 8 stamina to be able to cope with the energy demands.

I play this game on a very casual basis, thats a big draw for me, but keeping everything ticking will require me to play it less casually and that really doesnt work for me currently.

That said, things do need fixing, but with everything going on, i don't think its the right time to be demanding things are fixed now.

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 1 April 2020, 16:24
Whittall United wrote:
Coptic Titans wrote:

Im going have to agree here.

My youth squad play in div 6, yes most are fairly new youths, but energy shouldn't be an issue in this league, well it didn't seem it was previously.

I've noticed players in this division will need a minimum of 8 stamina to be able to cope with the energy demands.

I play this game on a very casual basis, thats a big draw for me, but keeping everything ticking will require me to play it less casually and that really doesnt work for me currently.

That said, things do need fixing, but with everything going on, i don't think its the right time to be demanding things are fixed now.
This should never have been released with so many basic faults it's negligent beyond belief.

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 1 April 2020, 16:32
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
Coptic Titans wrote:

At the moment I tend to only play 8 youths and rotate them to save energy until I have enough youths to field 11 players. I also play with all tactic instructions on the lowest. Not ideal but it works for me at the moment.
Paul why weren't all these problems not mentioned before on these boards I would have never pressed the accept youth squad button if I knew of this. I feel hoodwinked at best