Forums

Miscellaneous

Final phase: Stress test

Posted in Youth squads beta

FC Sunnyvale (Bubbles) Crew 16 April 2020, 16:34
FC Viitorul Constanta wrote:
Good news, and looks good. One remark though on the desktop page there is a misalignment:
on the right panels in youth page :
Oops, fixed now.

FC Sunnyvale (Bubbles) Crew 16 April 2020, 16:34
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
Small point but banners aren't properly visible
Which banners? Are you able to post a screenshot?

Nevermind, I see it now... fix incoming.

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Crew 16 April 2020, 16:46
FC Sunnyvale wrote:
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
Small point but banners aren't properly visible
Which banners? Are you able to post a screenshot?

Nevermind, I see it now... fix incoming.
Sorted cheers smiley

Arsenäl FC (Finto) 18 April 2020, 15:09
FC Sunnyvale wrote:
FC Viitorul Constanta wrote:
Good news, and looks good. One remark though on the desktop page there is a misalignment:
on the right panels in youth page :
Oops, fixed now.
Not fixed on mobile.

DaCrushers (DaPeerie) 18 April 2020, 23:36
Is there anyway to view the finances of the youth and senior teams seperately?
Sorry if this has been asked before, but to be honest, am not reading through all these pages :/

Lowestoft Town (Herring Fisher Man) 19 April 2020, 11:42
Is there a way back? I mean will there be a final option to go back to how we were without a youth squad and have 30 players in your main team?

I say this because 15 year olds are selling for much greater prices than a well trained 23 year old. I feel there is money to be earnt buying 23 year olds and training them to 27 before selling. I can obviously do that better with a 30 player main team.

FC Viitorul Constanta (Gheorghe Hagi) 1 May 2020, 21:24
Also the press releases aren't linked to the youth team's division and there doesn't seem to be a way to do that.

FC Viitorul Constanta (Gheorghe Hagi) 8 May 2020, 01:03
And another thing I noticed, when trying to move one of the substitutes and then hovering back the dragged player on his position a red mask with the message that too many youths are on the team, which is absolutely not the case.

And when these details are complete a continuation of this blog post would be most welcomed:
https://www.virtualmanager.com/blog/945-do-you-know-what-burst-energy-is

Future blog posts
I will be writing more blog posts regularly, each time going into detail about a specific part of the simulation. Some of the things I will touch upon will be:

Finishing

How does the player choose which point to aim for?
How is the precision of the kick calculated as a function of the player's abilities?
Player physical abilities

How are the maximum speed and acceleration of players calculated?
How does acceleration work?
Tackling and dribbling

How is the duel between two players settled?
The keeper

How do we determine whether or not the keeper is successful in catching the ball?
What determines how far the keeper can reach?
Running with the ball

How does the player determine which direction to move, when he has to both evade opponents and seek towards the goal?
How does the player evaluate the threat level and decide when it's time to pass the ball to another player?
Play style and mentality

Which concrete effects do the different play styles and mentality settings have?
Is there any one play style that is far superior to all of the other and is there something that can be adjusted?
Formation

How do players adhere to the formation you've set?
How does the formation move, expand and contract according to play style, mentality and ball possession?

SuDoku AFC (Howard Garns) Crew 11 May 2020, 22:32
I don't know whether this has already been "reported" ...
I have found that iit is possible to play more than the permitted 5 Youth Squad players in Senior games by having them in the Senior Squad, putting them into a Tactic, then demoting them to the Youth Squad.
They remain in the Senior Tactic - and do play - apparently however many one likes?

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Crew 14 May 2020, 15:12
Probably already mentioned but can you increase the number of teams allowed in The U23 WC please smiley