Forums

Miscellaneous

Youth squad fitness

Posted in General

Newcastle United FC (James) 22 May 2020, 16:43
I have my youth squad set up to do basically nothing during a game to conserve energy. Last season it didn’t seem so bad but I’ve looked this season to see players down to 76% energy?! All players have been trained on hard, surely I shouldn’t have to subsidise my training to the extent that will hinder the players so much they aren’t actually worth training?
I can’t be the only person to see that the system just isn’t working?

Low Achievers (Aaron) 22 May 2020, 16:47
It's known that the whole system is a mess.

Final Whistle (join) 22 May 2020, 22:51
Newcastle United FC wrote:
I have my youth squad set up to do basically nothing during a game to conserve energy. Last season it didn’t seem so bad but I’ve looked this season to see players down to 76% energy?! All players have been trained on hard, surely I shouldn’t have to subsidise my training to the extent that will hinder the players so much they aren’t actually worth training?
I can’t be the only person to see that the system just isn’t working?
Same here but I've promoted to 3rd division so there might be a hidden cost for promotion of youth squad which penalises energy.
Playing on relaxed and defensive but still have my MC and DC with close to 75% energy before training... that's costing me a lot of ruined training.and money on the long term

Newcastle U FC (Rolf Bergström) 22 May 2020, 23:38
South Africa wrote:
It's known that the whole system is a mess.
It is not great but what is really disappointing is that there is so little engagement around the things which can be done to fix it. There have been very many suggestions made by people like us, ordinary (paying) players. It would be super nice if these suggestions were at least acknowledged (sometimes they are even dismissed by 'crew' and others - that isn't really a great way of looking after your customers either people). Maybe it's different on the Danish-language fora and there perhaps there is (more) customer engagement?

So here is a proposal. On one of the public fora, like the one where you can make development suggestions, perhaps VM can undertake to respond to the suggestions submitted there? At least that way we can be confident our anxieties and suggestions for improving the game are not simply ignored? Could be a great way of managing customer retention too.

Rolf