Forums

Miscellaneous

How much would you spend on an untrained?

Posted in General

Cant Score (Hello) 23 May 2020, 15:53
https://www.virtualmanager.com/players/14106084-babtysta-pokriefke/history

Saw this player on auction the other day, gave him and click and he was untrained... going for over 300,000C... I shortlisted the player out of interest, maybe there was so much interest because he'd been scouted as having some potential? But no, his training was awful (seemingly like all my youths lol).

Players can spend their money and play this game however they like, but it amazes me people would be willing to spend so much on an untrained youth, it just seems like 300k down the drain to me but then again there was always (albiet low) chance of him being worth multiple millions.

Is this something that's been seen much before? How much would you be willing to spend on an untrained you?

Edit: Rookie question here; you cant sell a player before 5 trains but if you let his contract expire do you get any of the money from the sale?

Real Miami CF (Stay Safe) 23 May 2020, 16:07
I bought this guy after he only trained 2 times

https://www.virtualmanager.com/players/14089147-aksel-kvarsvik/history

14 million! Of course I lost a few milli on him smiley

Magic Monkeys (Josh) 23 May 2020, 18:24
I’ve always thought the price untrained sell for is insane. I leave it to the big fish with all the resources to have the risk/reward.

I don’t think I’d ever really go more than 50k on one personally.

Also re your question - I’m pretty sure you don’t get anything if your players contract expires before his fifth train.

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 23 May 2020, 19:17
Magic Monkeys wrote:
Also re your question - I’m pretty sure you don’t get anything if your players contract expires before his fifth train.
Correct

Copper Ridge FC (Manager of Copper Ridge FC) 23 May 2020, 19:50
I would spend about 20k max and that is it. But, that is just me.

Of the 400 or so youths I have created over 2 years, I have had exactly:

1 promising player (currently on roster)
2 reasonable players (1 currently on roster)
3 OK players.

I went my first year having ZERO players that returned anything at all.

If every untrained youth would have cost me (20k) , that would be 8 million spent on 400 youths. Based on my past history, the profits on my created youths would have barely been able to cover the cost at 20k per youth. Fortunately, created youths only cost 2k-3k each though, So, I don't have any problem at all with creating my weekly allotment of youths. I would certainly not overpay for them though. 300k for an untrained youth is insane IMO.

I think those that have had a lot of luck with untrained youths are more willing to overpay. But, the luck is going to balance out at some point.

Loyals (VMEnhancer) 23 May 2020, 20:36
Copper Ridge FC wrote:
I would certainly not overpay for them though. 300k for an untrained youth is insane IMO.
I wouldn't pay that much either. However some years ago I tried to make a Expected Value calculation on youths, which actually estimated the expected value was about 300k.

I usually just put 10k on them if I find them or not at all, because everyone knows they go to 100k+

Athletico Markham (Manager of Athletico Markham) 24 May 2020, 01:04
Going off at a slight tangent, is there a quick way to find an untrained youth, or is it a case of trawling through the auctions and free transfers? Not that I am planning to spend £300K on one...

Arsenäl FC (International Quad Champion) Forum moderator 24 May 2020, 03:12
Athletico Markham wrote:
Going off at a slight tangent, is there a quick way to find an untrained youth, or is it a case of trawling through the auctions and free transfers? Not that I am planning to spend £300K on one...
Not anymore. Some clubs still occasionally create youths and release them before training them...i dont know why so now and again, you might find the occasional one on auction like highlighted above.

Arsenäl FC (International Quad Champion) Forum moderator 24 May 2020, 03:21
A F C Wimbledon wrote:
Rookie question here; you cant sell a player before 5 trains but if you let his contract expire do you get any of the money from the sale?
I gather you are referring about a new created youth...once the new youth is trained 5 times, then yes is the answer, you will get the money from the sale as nowadays all new created youths have 6 days contracts not like 3 days as it was before.

Low Achievers (Aaron) 24 May 2020, 12:12
In the Danish forums there is somebody who creates his 5 and posts them for everybody to fight over. smiley