Forums

Miscellaneous

List of ideas[Locked]

Posted in Locked Threads

SK SLAVIA PRAHA (Manager of SK SLAVIA PRAHA) 9 July 2020, 08:22
I would like to present the list of ideas that I think would make this game better. I do this in every game that I really like. I don't wanna tell you should do this or that, but I want to provide well thought ideas on different game aspects. I based them on my experience with many online football managers and knowledge of what users want and like. I will just kindly ask you to maintain the constructive discussion in this topic

SK SLAVIA PRAHA (Manager of SK SLAVIA PRAHA) 15 July 2020, 20:37

Team Alexander (Alexander) 16 July 2020, 12:55
These are some good ideas, I think this would be worth considering

Newcastle U FC (Rolf Bergström) 16 July 2020, 14:35
Good luck but sadly nobody is listening. I have seen dozens of great ideas exchanged over the last 5 years and in nearly all cases they are ignored and don't even receive a formal reply.

I have tried to suggest that the Developer create a forum for a genuine two-way debate on player-suggested improvements but sadly it always, (and I mean always) falls on deaf ears.
Well done trying though. I appreciate what you have said.

Rolf.

Team Alexander (Alexander) 16 July 2020, 14:50
Newcastle U FC wrote:
Good luck but sadly nobody is listening. I have seen dozens of great ideas exchanged over the last 5 years and in nearly all cases they are ignored and don't even receive a formal reply.

I have tried to suggest that the Developer create a forum for a genuine two-way debate on player-suggested improvements but sadly it always, (and I mean always) falls on deaf ears.
Well done trying though. I appreciate what you have said.

Rolf.
Yeah true, I think the Devs only want to put the ideas that they come up with in place.

SK SLAVIA PRAHA (Manager of SK SLAVIA PRAHA) 16 July 2020, 15:15
Thanks for your feedback guys. Some users already wrote me mails that I am wasting my time, that Devs don't listen to users here.

I offered further help (not just with the ideas) to Devs and now I am waiting for the response but I don' t put much hopes in it

SK SLAVIA PRAHA (Manager of SK SLAVIA PRAHA) 16 July 2020, 15:33
Alex Samin wrote:
Yeah true, I think the Devs only want to put the ideas that they come up with in place.
You might be right about this. This is what Bubbles wrote few months ago:

"Right now I have a plan and a series of ideas that I am convinced have huge potential. But that's not enough for a serious investor. What most people don't understand is that ideas are worthless. The only thing that matters is whether you can bring them to life. Every person on the planet has a hundred brilliant ideas that will never turn into anything."

I have read the blog posts and I dont understand why there is so much effort put in the development of youth system. Personally I would put it at the bottom of the priority list. It is not a feature accessible to new users and users without VM premium cannot even have their own juniors.

Meanwhile there are so many huge flaws (some of them are pretty easy to fix) preventing new users from feeling comfortable in the game and settling down.

Team Alexander (Alexander) 16 July 2020, 15:36
SK SLAVIA PRAHA wrote:
Alex Samin wrote:
You might be right about this. This is what Bubbles wrote few months ago:

"Right now I have a plan and a series of ideas that I am convinced have huge potential. But that's not enough for a serious investor. What most people don't understand is that ideas are worthless. The only thing that matters is whether you can bring them to life. Every person on the planet has a hundred brilliant ideas that will never turn into anything."

I have read the blog posts and I dont understand why there is so much effort put in the development of youth system. Personally I would put it at the bottom of the priority list. It is not a feature accessible to new users and users without VM premium cannot even have their own juniors.

Meanwhile there are so many huge flaws (some of them are pretty easy to fix) preventing new users from feeling comfortable in the game and settling down.
Unfortunately, this is the case with many good games though. The devs just ignore the requests of players and do their own thing(sometimes even making the game worse than it is in some cases in the opinion of the majority of the players that play it).

Manningham FC (HD) 17 July 2020, 12:56
These are all excellent ideas. I hope someone high up will read them. To be honest, this lack of engagement from the developer side has been the case for over 5 years - back a long time ago there used to be an old match engine and an old rating system for training, and developers pushed ahead with it even though there was some pushback on the forums (in so far as I can tell, it was mainly because it was the original developer's last wish before moving on). As a result, a lot of people left and I don't think the game has ever fully recovered since.

The reason for youth squads was primarily because for many years it was the #1 most requested feature, so it's definitely welcome, but not at the expense of devoting all the resources there when there are clearly so many more glaring issues that make new players less likely to stay. I think that the decline is also just down to text-based games being in their twilight years now.

Having said that, I still have yet to find a game quite like Vman: I can't see it dying. There is so much potential with it and I really hope that Dennis is successful in improving the game's fortunes.

SK SLAVIA PRAHA (Manager of SK SLAVIA PRAHA) 17 July 2020, 13:20
Manningham FC wrote:
These are all excellent ideas. I hope someone high up will read them. To be honest, this lack of engagement from the developer side has been the case for over 5 years - back a long time ago there used to be an old match engine and an old rating system for training, and developers pushed ahead with it even though there was some pushback on the forums (in so far as I can tell, it was mainly because it was the original developer's last wish before moving on). As a result, a lot of people left and I don't think the game has ever fully recovered since.

The reason for youth squads was primarily because for many years it was the #1 most requested feature, so it's definitely welcome, but not at the expense of devoting all the resources there when there are clearly so many more glaring issues that make new players less likely to stay. I think that the decline is also just down to text-based games being in their twilight years now.

Having said that, I still have yet to find a game quite like Vman: I can't see it dying. There is so much potential with it and I really hope that Dennis is successful in improving the game's fortunes.
Thanks for the explanation of the background behind the youth squads.

It is true that this type of games is losing its popularity since many years. But I also agree that there is a much potential wasted in some hidden gems like VM.

I talked with one of the crew members and he refused my offer to help because I dont play long enough. I asked him to at least consider the proposed ideas and give their feedback. I see that there is a clear tension between users and the crew and I think I could help with that as well with many other things. But this is not up to me. Let's see if something happens.

I will continue to update the list of ideas meanwhile.