Forums

Miscellaneous

Retrain positions

Posted in Ideas/development

Melwood Academy FC (Jordan Hayman) 6 October 2020, 09:31
This is an idea I've had as a result of building my youth team with too many FRs. This of course is my fault but I thought it would be cool if I could retrain them as FCs or FLs.

I wonder if it could be possible to retrain a player to an immediately adjacent position, to a maximum of 3 positions. eg I could train an FR as an FC or MR, to begin with, then if I trained him as an FC then I could train him as an FL or MO.

This could be a combination of dedicated training sessions (maybe ones that don't increase stats but contribute to position XP, and matches. So a player has to train a number of times for a position and play X number of minutes in this position in order to become fully competent.

please let me know what you think

Thanks

East Hertfordshire FC (Ali Bratt) 7 October 2020, 19:38
Good idea, and this is common irl so this is something I would like to see aswell

Melwood Academy FC (Jordan Hayman) 8 October 2020, 10:26
Thanks for the input, I think this would be a really cool idea and would provide a way to add additional value to players too

Whittall United (Grant) 8 October 2020, 14:00
Technically it is already possible, you just get penalized for not being on a green square, but doesn't that make it abit more realistic?
A player will have their natural position, and changing position would have an impact on performance, which VM have taken into account.

I do like the idea in theory, but is it really needed right now smiley

Melwood Academy FC (Jordan Hayman) 8 October 2020, 15:46
Hiya, yep I suppose this kind of does happens already, I guess I thought that it would be a good translation from real life where a winger can play on both sides for example or midfield players like Jack Grealish who is just as effective playing at FL as MC. Would be cool if we could have the ability to train players to be able to do this in the game.

Whittall United (Grant) 9 October 2020, 12:56
Melwood Academy FC wrote:
Hiya, yep I suppose this kind of does happens already, I guess I thought that it would be a good translation from real life where a winger can play on both sides for example or midfield players like Jack Grealish who is just as effective playing at FL as MC. Would be cool if we could have the ability to train players to be able to do this in the game.
I agree and i do like the idea, but getting the right balance would be key.
I do have a few ideas regarding your idea on how it could work, but not got the time at the minute to write it up, but there is definitely something in this imo smiley

Melwood Academy FC (Jordan Hayman) 9 October 2020, 13:52
Hiya, yeah I appreciate this would probably take a lot of thought and preparation. I'm pleased that you think this might have some legs. As I say I think this would be really cool and make a lot of sense, cheers.

Melwood Academy FC (Jordan Hayman) 4 November 2020, 16:29
Hi there,

Is anyone aware of whether this could go anywhere?

Thanks,
Jordan

Whittall United (Grant) 9 November 2020, 11:30
Highly unlikely to go anywhere soon, but at the next crew meeting, I'll be sure to point them to this section smiley

Melwood Academy FC (Jordan Hayman) 9 November 2020, 11:42
No worries mate just thought I would ask, thanks