Forums

Miscellaneous

Replacing useless stats in VMAN

Posted in Ideas/development

Final Whistle (join) 18 December 2020, 18:14
Seeing that the stat distribution makes some of the stats useless, and some random factors playing a big impact on the result of the match why not replace the useless stats with new ones that can be actively be used for in-game tactics?
Here are the useless stats that I think should be removed, base on:
https://www.virtualmanager.com/forums/topics/1144499-vurderingstallet

Set Pieces: Accounts for 3% of player rating, and it's rarely used, on the occasional penalty kick that are awarded (would say less than 1% of matches).
Leadership: Accounts for 3% of player rating and could be replaced by some personality treat on players given randomly and making some average players potentially more useful because of it.

What stats can be added instead of them?
- Defensive/offensive positioning, for example, as too often during matches the players position are set very strange and for that, random was the explanation i got from crew/more experienced managers. Raised a bug report for some tactics where it was acknowledged as being an issue.
- Decisions/Intelligence: Again, missing in the match report is the fact that players make some decisions that sometimes makes no sense, making a pass when completely on 1 vs 1 against the keeper in the corner of the penalty box, or passing backwards. Again no known factors for why that happens, again the presumption of randomness. Why not have something that can be a deciding factor.
- First touch/technique . Dribbling does not take into account (officially) the component of the first touch, just the act of bypassing opponent's tackling attempt. some passes are faster, should require more technique/better first touch than other, the worst the passing generally the better the receiver of the pass should be. We can see sometimes players not intercepting a pass, but no clear factors are present while that happens.

Also along with the Leadership Personality others could be proposed to add more dynamism to the game. Nowadays only the training and 15% rule make the profiles of players, but in real life no matter how hard you train there are predetermined limits to different player types. Some players are shorter, more agile and with better technique, others are stronger, better at heading and physical contact. this kind of variation lacks in VMan. Also the Left/Right foot preference it seems it's not taken into account though i've seen in matches players sometimes needing additional 'moves' when the ball appears to be on the wrong foot, so maybe there is something that's not known to the masses. An ambidextrous player should be worth more and be better at performing under pressure.

Headings and crossing is another missing factor that makes this game incomplete. There are a lot of variations that would make it more interesting once the tactical part is getting into DEV's hands.

Also the Keeper's One in One seems only to be relevant for penalties, so again another skill to be looked at.

What do you think?

The Wrecking Crew (Gonzo) 18 December 2020, 20:40
What do I think? I think you`ve only been here for a year and you`ve had more super youths than I`ve had in 10 years, along with much other good fortune...yet all you do is moan. You think you have this superior grasp of the game when in reality, all you are good at is moaning. Give it a rest already.

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 18 December 2020, 20:50
Keep things friendly please

Johns Army (John) Forum moderator 18 December 2020, 21:19
I watch all my games and there are multiple set piece situations so nothing wrong with that. Mostly comes from free kicks.

Final Whistle (join) 18 December 2020, 21:20
The Wrecking Crew wrote:
What do I think? I think you`ve only been here for a year and you`ve had more super youths than I`ve had in 10 years, along with much other good fortune...yet all you do is moan. You think you have this superior grasp of the game when in reality, all you are good at is moaning. Give it a rest already.
The fact that in one year and a half I've accomplished what others took a lot longer should tell you that I've got a pretty good grasp of the game. The "more superyouths" you've mentioned haven't helped me get where I am, I haven't sold any of the youths I've promoted myself. I've only sold 2 for the PTF upgrade: one that I've bought for 6 and sold for 8 and another that I've scouted for close to a year.

Regarding my complaints, what's wrong with that? I'm paying for a service that I think can be made better.
Some have discarded my complaints when I've just started because I wasn't paying, and didn't understand that for paying for a service it must provide some kind of advantage that for most beginners clubs is not worth unless you are at least at LTF (before youth teams) and now more likely the ETF.

But I'd rather you show me why you think the premise is incorrect or if the solution proposed is not the good one.

Johns Army (John) Forum moderator 18 December 2020, 21:21
Side note moved to I/D because its ideas for vm smiley

Final Whistle (join) 18 December 2020, 21:22
Johns Army wrote:
I watch all my games and there are multiple set piece situations so nothing wrong with that. Mostly comes from free kicks.
So you're saying that if during the free kicks a player passes to a forward the finishing is not used and the set pieces is used instead? I highly doubt that since played with 30 set pieces scored often against 80+ keepers.

Johns Army (John) Forum moderator 18 December 2020, 21:26
FC Viitorul Constanta wrote:
Johns Army wrote:
So you're saying that if during the free kicks a player passes to a forward the finishing is not used and the set pieces is used instead? I highly doubt that since played with 30 set pieces scored often against 80+ keepers.
If a player passes to a forward than you have set pieces (free kick/corner) and passing stats in play. Never seen from a free kick the player directly shooting at goal, so that's something perhaps could change. Finishing wouldn't be used as not shooting at goal.

For pens than you got set pieces and finishing of course.

The Wrecking Crew (Gonzo) 18 December 2020, 21:28
The Wrecking Crew wrote:
The fact that in one year and a half I've accomplished what others took a lot longer should tell you that I've got a pretty good grasp of the game. The "more superyouths" you've mentioned haven't helped me get where I am, I haven't sold any of the youths I've promoted myself. I've only sold 2 for the PTF upgrade: one that I've bought for 6 and sold for 8 and another that I've scouted for close to a year.

Regarding my complaints, what's wrong with that? I'm paying for a service that I think can be made better.
Some have discarded my complaints when I've just started because I wasn't paying, and didn't understand that for paying for a service it must provide some kind of advantage that for most beginners clubs is not worth unless you are at least at LTF (before youth teams) and now more likely the ETF.

But I'd rather you show me why you think the premise is incorrect or if the solution proposed is not the good one.
Young man, you have done an impressive job building your team and stadium and training facilities in a very short time. I commend you for that. But you constantly suggest this be fixed, or that be changed, and so on and so on. For those of us that have been here 10 years plus, we have seen how long some things take to get improved on, and often they don`t get fixed at all. You haven`t been through the long haul. You have no idea. Sure, it would be great if everything we suggested just magically happened the next day. But that`s not the way it works. Try having some patience and enjoying the game for what it is right now. You need to lower your expectations. And that`s all I`ve got to say.

Teufel hunden (Another Vacation) 18 December 2020, 22:24
The Wrecking Crew wrote:
The Wrecking Crew wrote:

Young man, you have done an impressive job building your team and stadium and training facilities in a very short time. I commend you for that. But you constantly suggest this be fixed, or that be changed, and so on and so on. For those of us that have been here 10 years plus, we have seen how long some things take to get improved on, and often they don`t get fixed at all. You haven`t been through the long haul. You have no idea. Sure, it would be great if everything we suggested just magically happened the next day. But that`s not the way it works. Try having some patience and enjoying the game for what it is right now. You need to lower your expectations. And that`s all I`ve got to say.
So what exactly is wrong with him suggesting stuff to improve? At least he covers why it’s broken and offers ideas on how to improve. I may not have been here the whole time, but I’ve seen how long it takes to implement things. With a single developer, that’s to be expected. It doesn’t mean that we can’t be helpful and offer ideas what to improve and do a bit of the work on how to improve them.

In short. OP should continue to offer up ideas, he’s clearly invested in the game and enjoys it.