Forums

Miscellaneous

Player salary question

Posted in General

Final Whistle (join) 2 January 2021, 21:17
Seems pretty strange that this player has a current salary of 5.4k on his current club which is ranked #222 but for my club he asks for 15k wage, and i'm only ranked ~ #250:
https://www.virtualmanager.com/players/13721052-lablino-asaka
What would the explanation be?

Copper Ridge FC (Manager of Copper Ridge FC) 3 January 2021, 05:57
My guess is that the player's team ranking has risen dramatically the last 5 seasons. They went from Division 5 to the top division in 5 weeks. So, that teams ranking was probably much lower a few weeks ago when the players contract was negotiated.

Seems to make sense to me.

Final Whistle (join) 3 January 2021, 11:46
The most you can have a contract is 21 days, so 3 seasons... Indeed if it was in 3rd even after straight wins it would have a lower salary. I'll monitor the salary for the next 2-3 weeks see if he gets to 10-15k

Final Whistle (join) 14 January 2021, 02:32
Seems that was so, now he's at 15k wage.
Different question now. I have this player: https://www.virtualmanager.com/players/13674356-geert-graaf
now he asks 23k a 23% increase in wage for barely a few skills more, and my vifa rank has improved by not even 10% or 20 places.
WTF?

Teufel hunden (Another Vacation) 14 January 2021, 05:25
FC Viitorul Constanta wrote:
Seems that was so, now he's at 15k wage.
Different question now. I have this player: https://www.virtualmanager.com/players/13674356-geert-graaf
now he asks 23k a 23% increase in wage for barely a few skills more, and my vifa rank has improved by not even 10% or 20 places.
WTF?
Did you try to max all contracts? Because if he asked for less than a max contract, he will “ask for more” because you went past his expectations. You can also negotiate by 10% to see if you can get him back down. At his age, it’s not unlikely that he would ask for a shorter contract which would absolutely lead to a big increase in his asking wage from what he normally would have asked.

Final Whistle (join) 14 January 2021, 11:38
He has one day remaining on his contract and the proposed duration is the default one. I noticed sometimes that is a bit more or less than what player expects so I adjust it sometimes, but for him i didn't. this is why I was amazed at the big salary demand. He was probably 89 when I got him, dropping just a day before probably since I got him for cheaper than he should have been. but does one extra rating make this much difference? or it's just because of the vifa point increase ?
It seems really unjustified for me and penalising for teams challenging for a top place without the added benefits of higher vifa rank in the improved match income. I don't get 23% more income from being 20 places higher in vifa rank smiley

Teufel hunden (Another Vacation) 15 January 2021, 06:51
Unfortunately, if you did extend unintentionally, that wage is going to stick. They carry it over unless you extend their contract, or you sell him. It’s an unfortunate thing, but it’s something we all have to deal with. I accidentally did the same with a trainer recently and his wage went from 7k to 10k. It is what it is. How next contract won’t be nearly as much I hope

Final Whistle (join) 15 January 2021, 12:31
I negotiated for a 10% discount so at least that's that, 20K is a lot for me daily but he's the best in my team so can't expect him demanding much lower. I was ready to sell him if he didn't agree smiley