Forums

Miscellaneous

Potential variation

Posted in General

Final Whistle (join) 4 January 2021, 19:36
In a review I've done today by comparing the potential that I've previously saved individually in the player notes, with the exception of 2-3 players, most of them have increased their potential (retrieved from vman info) as compared to previous readings. This was somewhat clear from the previous review of the team, but now they have increased further. Though not a big increase between 0,3 and 1,3 potential points or roughly between 2 and 7 points.
What do you think? is this just a variation over the last 60 trainings or is it real?
I remember reading somewhere that it can change over time slowly. Could be different based on previous training ground or just random based on player... ?

US Badolato (USB) 4 January 2021, 22:04
Potential is very interesting. I have experienced many changes in players training performance. Both good and bad ofc. When the potential is better than expected, then i am a genius.

When the player does worse, then the game sucks smiley

Regarding the vmaninfo i always look into the potential and can still be confused how e.g. a player doing 200 on WCTF only has a reasonable potential instead of promising. It is very difficult to make a rational decision sometimes smiley

Braziliance (Bobby S) 5 January 2021, 14:14
FC Viitorul Constanta wrote:
In a review I've done today by comparing the potential that I've previously saved individually in the player notes, with the exception of 2-3 players, most of them have increased their potential (retrieved from vman info) as compared to previous readings. This was somewhat clear from the previous review of the team, but now they have increased further. Though not a big increase between 0,3 and 1,3 potential points or roughly between 2 and 7 points.
What do you think? is this just a variation over the last 60 trainings or is it real?
I remember reading somewhere that it can change over time slowly. Could be different based on previous training ground or just random based on player... ?
could stat placement be a factor

if you Get a player who has been trained mainly on training match his rating would be lower then if you target the key ones maybe this could cause an increase in potential due to his rating going up quicker?

could be wrong but just a thought