Forums

Miscellaneous

How petty can you be in order to report a PM

Posted in General

Final Whistle (join) 27 January 2021, 20:34
First, a bit of context.

Someone just bought a player from me. I noticed I have a player he promoted and sent him the following message:
"Thanks for buying my player
Also have on of your youths, probably he'll get just under 80 rating if it will interest you:
https://www.virtualmanager.com/players/###"

Just a few hours after I receive a notification that I have violated the rules and I've been fined. The amount is laughable but still being 'schooled' like that made me angry.
After a few exchanges with VM people I couldn't convince them that this was not player advertisement, and had anyone sent me a similar message I would at least have taken a look(which I actually have done) and not get all irritated and report it. But seems that rules are there to be enforced.

Seems when people break rules on the forum these rules are not applied since there is no report button, but I digress.

Anyway the point of the topic is how petty you can be to report a PM like this. How many message like this can one manager receive? He must have been in a pretty mucky streak and have all the talents on the TL to be bothered by this.

Am I crazy or what?

The Wrecking Crew (Gonzo) 27 January 2021, 20:40
Edited BW Please keep things friendly

Low Achievers (Aaron) 27 January 2021, 21:00
You literally put 'if it will interest you'...

That's advertising.

Final Whistle (join) 27 January 2021, 21:05
Low Achievers wrote:

That's advertising.
Say you're short of cash and sell your engagement ring. Somehow someone buys it and after a time he run into you asking if you want it back. How is that advertising? Did he offer to sell him?
What is advertising and what is asking about interest in something you previously owned?

Low Achievers (Aaron) 27 January 2021, 21:08
FC Viitorul Constanta wrote:
Low Achievers wrote:

That's advertising.
Say you're short of cash and sell your engagement ring. Somehow someone buys it and after a time he run into you asking if you want it back. How is that advertising? Did he offer to sell him?
What is advertising and what is asking about interest in something you previously owned?
When you see a billboard with a new film displayed on it, are they offering to sell you the film? No.

You advertised your player. Asking about interest is advertising.

Not that you will accept it either way. Like talking to a boring, boring, brick wall. (Don't censor me Paul smiley )

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 27 January 2021, 21:09
I will let this topic run for now but remember the rules

2.4. Advertising
All kinds of advertising are prohibited unless a special agreement has been made with Virtual Manager. This includes reference links to other sites, references to players, and invitations to buy any kind of product. However, advertising players is allowed in the player sales forums, press releases, or shoutbox messages.

6.4. Judgment
In every case of "inappropriate content", " inappropriate behavior", " inappropriate language" etc. members of the Virtual Manager crew will make the final judgment on what is considered inappropriate. Attempts to subvert this judgment may result in a forum ban.

Specific cases of advertising and fines are a matter for appeals and support and not a matter for forums

Also please remember forum rules:

The International Forum Rules

Section 1 - Conduct

1.1 - As per Game Rule 2.1, condescending remarks and personal attacks are not allowed.

Final Whistle (join) 27 January 2021, 21:24
Oh, how I like this one:: "Attempts to subvert this judgment may result in a forum ban."

I'm gonna censure myself and not characterize it or I'll risk a direct ban smiley

Anyhow, the point was not about reversing the judgement (I already said 'whatever'smiley, it's about the pettiness of a manager (that will not be named) in reporting a well intentioned message.
Seriously, how many messages like this did he receive so that he got irked like that? I don't know any manager with more than a handful of discovered talents that can be of some use.

Low Achievers (Aaron) 27 January 2021, 21:27
It's very petty.

But I'm not surprised you couldn't disuade them by appealing and saying advertising wasn't you intention.

Final Whistle (join) 27 January 2021, 21:31
Low Achievers wrote:
It's very petty.

But I'm not surprised you couldn't disuade them by appealing and saying advertising wasn't you intention.
Should I add that I discovered yet another player I bought from him even more recently, that is now worth 10M more than what I payed for him less than 2 months ago? Not sure if he thought I was trolling, I just don't check which player I bought from whom...

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 27 January 2021, 21:31
I concur, it is petty, I think there are many options open to the receiver of a message ...ie ...ignore it...ask them not to send you players....block them ...I think reporting should always be a last resort

that said it is against the rules, over time i guess we build up relationships with people and we know who we can discuss players with and those who wont report us. I personally don't send player links but I also don't report people that do