Forums

Miscellaneous

Marketing Opportunities for VM

Posted in Ideas/development

Ptfcstuart (Stuart) 30 January 2021, 02:44
Hey all,

I've recently returned to the game after a few years away mainly due to losing interest with the lack of growth in users playing resulting in the game feeling like it was heading in the wrong direction which felt very demotivating. After reading about the acquisition (Congrats Dennis!) I could see the intentions for growing the business were right and decided to give the game another chance... I'm very glad to be back.

The thread regarding the cost of new user acquisition had me thinking, why does VM not use any free marketing methods to target new users? Even the basics such as setting up a social media accounts and scheduling some posts which can even be done months in advance (free of charge) to put the game on the map. I appreciate it's probably down to very little free time and manpower available, however, nowadays you have a generation of university students desperate to get experience to standout from the crowd and would be happy to do this free on an internship basis remotely.

I for one, as a fourth year university student, would jump at this opportunity had it been available to me and would be happy to discuss this if it's something the business would be open to. It's an excellent time to try something new with social media usage at an all time high with the many countries facing ongoing lockdowns.

Disclaimer: I do not mean any offence by suggesting ideas targeted towards the running of the business. I have good intentions I just simply want more active users as I'm sure we all do! so please no hate smiley

Perhaps this thread could be used as a space for any creative opportunities and suggestions to help attract new users to the game? - such as refer a friend (if you refer a friend to the game and they buy premium you get 1 month free also (to encourage free word of mouth advertising).

I'm not sure if this is something that the founders would be looking for however and if not please remove/lock thread if necessary.

Thanks,
Stuart