Forums

Miscellaneous

[Beginner] Should I invest into facilities?

Posted in General

Tangerine (Unknown) 1 February 2021, 12:19
Hi, new player here. I feel like I've learnt a lot about this game already, have been reading the noob bible and the forums.

I built a team mainly from very cheap auctions, and they look half decent and I am looking at promotion this season which sounds amazing, however from scouting the league I would go up into, it looks a completely different level to my team and I will easily go back down.

I noticed that a lot of the teams had really good training facilities, and also much better players than my team.

I don't think I could afford a team to compete in the league above so would it be better to develop facilities whilst being a yo-yo club or attempt to buy players that will keep me up?

Arsenäl FC (International Quad Champion) Forum moderator 1 February 2021, 12:45
Neither. In my opinion, I would not care about any of those 2 things. I would concentrate on how to make profit from buying players off the auction.

Eaglescliffe FC (James Humphreys) 1 February 2021, 13:27
Hi, as someone who started playing last year I'd agree, trying to make money is the key to this. But it's really hard to do in my opinion, especially if you find a really talented youth, there will always be someone who can somehow make an extra few million if they have better facilities than you straight after you sell them.

If i had my time again, when i found a talent and sold him, I absolutely would not put any of that money into the physio department apart from just finding out how long players are out for. Do go for the league up when you are ready to get better gate takings etc, but buying good old payers will only get so far before you come tumbling down again with no replacements.

Cant Score (Hello) 1 February 2021, 16:04
Welcome to the game smiley

Don't worry about getting promoted into a tougher division as even if you go straight down you will earn more credits from gate receipts each game.

At this stage I wouldn't invest in training facilities (or staff for that matter), at the lower levels you cant add much if any value to players by training and attempting to develop them for the long run so your just locking up credits you could invest elsewhere. Your best bet is to 'flip' players on the market, buying them and selling them for a profit as it looks like you've been doing - I've never really done this myself as its something I struggled with so cant give much guidance here I'm afraid, but this is your best bet to generating more revenue.

Many will advise against this but I would reinvest match revenues and sales profits into relativity cheap, higher rated older players in attempt to climb the leagues - but obviously then run the risk of retirements and having to replace the players - so make sure to max out contracts if you do this.

I found this to be quite a useful resource, lots of the info here will have been covered in the Noob Bible and is more focused on developing players which isn't really properly possible until you hit the higher training grounds (debatably either black or cyan as a minimum) but still some good info.

Tangerine (Unknown) 1 February 2021, 16:55
Thanks for the help guys!

And yes flipping seems like the way to make money.

Is it easier to make a player have talented potential with better facilities, as I had 5 talented players in my squad when I last trained last night and not a single one of them reached 50xp which is 9xp lower than the 21 potential on the chart. I know not every train is the same and there is higher ones and lower ones, but none even came close to the mark. I was worried about that train and sold 4 of them (didn't lose money on any of them luckily).

I upgraded my stadium and facilities a little bit as the first ones are low cost

Arsenäl FC (International Quad Champion) Forum moderator 1 February 2021, 17:21
Topaz Keys wrote:

Is it easier to make a player have talented potential with better facilities, as I had 5 talented players in my squad when I last trained last night and not a single one of them reached 50xp which is 9xp lower than the 21 potential on the chart. I know not every train is the same and there is higher ones and lower ones, but none even came close to the mark. I was worried about that train and sold 4 of them (didn't lose money on any of them luckily).

I upgraded my stadium and facilities a little bit as the first ones are low cost
No it is not easier to make a player become a talent by having better facilities. A player is born with hidden potential so he can train equivalently the same no matter the facilities. The training can fluctuate a lot so you'll have bad trainings and good trainings and to be honest with ya, they really are the players to stay away from in the future when your team gets better as you want players to sell easier so the better the training, the easier the sell.

Yes, I saw you upgraded your facilities. We all have different views but I think that was a mistake as players on lawn sell for crazy prices but look, don't worry about it, just don't upgrade again for a long time until you are rich enough to do so with extra credits to keep trading.

Final Whistle (join) 1 February 2021, 20:37
Arsenäl FC wrote:
Topaz Keys wrote:

No it is not easier to make a player become a talent by having better facilities. A player is born with hidden potential so he can train equivalently the same no matter the facilities. The training can fluctuate a lot so you'll have bad trainings and good trainings and to be honest with ya, they really are the players to stay away from in the future when your team gets better as you want players to sell easier so the better the training, the easier the sell.

Yes, I saw you upgraded your facilities. We all have different views but I think that was a mistake as players on lawn sell for crazy prices but look, don't worry about it, just don't upgrade again for a long time until you are rich enough to do so with extra credits to keep trading.
Solid advice!
One thing you could try is ask support for a downgrade and money back on the facilities, I know for higher level it was approved not sure in your case it would be possible.
Also use the info in the Noob bible, like the cost of facility upgrade and stadium upgrade to make some higher level plan.
First you'd be better to remain on Lawn or 'Small training ground' until you get enough money to upgrade to at least Standard Training Facility (Grey facilities) plus some extra for players to trade. Some even say wait until LTF but there is money to be made even on STF.

Small training ground (125,000 C)
Training ground (500,000 C)
Large training ground (1,000,000 C)
Expanded training ground (1,500,000 C)
Advanced training ground (2,500,000 C)
Standard training facility (5,000,000 C)
or 10,5M thereabouts

In the meantime you could work your way into a 50-60 rated team not older than 31-32yo as after 32 the retirement will probably make you loose more income than you gain in training.
Buy on auction (just compare minimum player price for the same characteristics before bidding and ensure you still have a profit margin after paying player's wage). Also get your stadium upgraded slowly as your team gets better to not loose out on income.
Once you get enough cash or players to sell and make the upgrade to STF/LTF don't wait too much, no point to sit on cash as it won't get you any interest, while every upgrade gives you ~10% increase in training.
If you have time and skill you could go for 15yo undervalued and make a hefty profit weekly.
vmaninfo is your friend in this, take a look at your team : https://app.vmaninfo.dk/da/clubs/1328895

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 1 February 2021, 21:03
FC Viitorul Constanta wrote:
One thing you could try is ask support for a downgrade and money back on the facilities, I know for higher level it was approved not sure in your case it would be possible.
> I can answer this for you (both) ...
Downgrading of Facilities is only available for clubs " in serious financial trouble"
- that means with a negative Credit balance which appears impossible to recover from
(usually as a result of penalties imposed for breaching game rules).

Tangerine (Unknown) 1 February 2021, 23:19
FC Viitorul Constanta wrote:
Arsenäl FC wrote:
Topaz Keys wrote:

Solid advice!
Also use the info in the Noob bible, like the cost of facility upgrade and stadium upgrade to make some higher level plan.
First you'd be better to remain on Lawn or 'Small training ground' until you get enough money to upgrade to at least Standard Training Facility (Grey facilities) plus some extra for players to trade. Some even say wait until LTF but there is money to be made even on STF.

Small training ground (125,000 C)
Training ground (500,000 C)
Large training ground (1,000,000 C)
Expanded training ground (1,500,000 C)
Advanced training ground (2,500,000 C)
Standard training facility (5,000,000 C)
or 10,5M thereabouts

In the meantime you could work your way into a 50-60 rated team not older than 31-32yo as after 32 the retirement will probably make you loose more income than you gain in training.
Buy on auction (just compare minimum player price for the same characteristics before bidding and ensure you still have a profit margin after paying player's wage). Also get your stadium upgraded slowly as your team gets better to not loose out on income.
Once you get enough cash or players to sell and make the upgrade to STF/LTF don't wait too much, no point to sit on cash as it won't get you any interest, while every upgrade gives you ~10% increase in training.
If you have time and skill you could go for 15yo undervalued and make a hefty profit weekly.
vmaninfo is your friend in this, take a look at your team : https://app.vmaninfo.dk/da/clubs/1328895
Thank you! That's a lot of money for upgrades, and I will look towards upgrading my team, although 50-60 is too high this early on it seems.

I had a look at the website but I only understood the names value and also potential points which is useful, all though i cant really train players well.

Teufel hunden (Another Vacation) 2 February 2021, 12:54
I wouldn’t even consider training up players with your ground. I would focus on picking up super cheap youths from the auction house that are not talents but are close and try to train and flip them when they get the mark. Also, your 5 youth discoveries you get each week will help you a ton as well. If your new youths train in the 30s or lower, they are probably prime to cut right away, but you can make a seriously pretty penny if you land a good training youth. I’m sure you can tell by the charts, but anything over the 30ish potential points range for training is probably going to pull you a very nice profit that you can easily upgrade to one of the gold facilities with.

Outside of youths, flipping any player you can get your hands on will make you the most in the shortest time. There are often players who you can buy for less than half their value and then immediately re-auction them at half their value for a profit (this happens a lot more than you think).