Forums

Miscellaneous

Scouting is broken

Posted in General

FC Viitorul Constanta (Gheorghe Hagi) 23 February 2021, 01:50
I have scouted this player, he was TL for 500k and his report said Ok potential with 10+ trainings, now he's 16yo and he's promising, WTF?!!
PP Scout potential Date Report Delete?
24.54 Ok 2021-02-02 2334613
30.74 Promising 2021-02-23 2369420

And recently I've compared reports on some players where my scouts say reasonable and to other managers they show promising. Result? Other managers make 25M/week profits and I won't spend a few millions on reasonables that may or may not turn promising...
Same thing for formidable players, mine show Promising, and after a few trainings they also appear Formidable... It's getting annoying!

All Ireland (Kieran O Sullivan) 23 February 2021, 06:08
you trying to say a scout report is not 100% accurate?

well at least my old pal Graeme Souness can now sleep knowing that somewhere else another person may of put pen to paper for Ali Dia aswell!

FC Viitorul Constanta (Gheorghe Hagi) 23 February 2021, 09:39
No, it was expected that it's not accurate but not to this degree. Ok to promising is 3M difference in players price if not more, promising to formidable is 7+milions...
Also how come some scouts are more accurate then others? This is the real problem...
Here is the player I'm referencing to in my first post he was on auction until now. This could have been my next youth keeper for only 500k now he's worth 3M, and it's all because of the dumb scouts!
https://www.virtualmanager.com/players/14560639-stijn-van-puymbrouck

Braziliance (Bobby S) 23 February 2021, 14:56
For 500k he would have been worth a punt anyway. Sometime go with your gut feeling. Or use more than one scout to scout him ?I do that if I like a player. I will scout with 2 or more scouts or for that price just go for it. But it’s each to their own

FC Viitorul Constanta (Gheorghe Hagi) 23 February 2021, 15:12
Braziliance wrote:
For 500k he would have been worth a punt anyway. Sometime go with your gut feeling. Or use more than one scout to scout him ?I do that if I like a player. I will scout with 2 or more scouts or for that price just go for it. But it’s each to their own
This was just an illustration, the bigger problem is that constantly when I compare my reports with a friend's reports mine show reasonable for most player while his scouts show 10-20% Promising. Both teams' scouts are 20 Potential with Scout Speciality so no issue there...
I can understand occasionally to have some of them show reasonable on my side while promising on HIS side and other times to show as Promising on MY side and reasonable on his side but I've only had 1 promising of his reasonable while he had 10-20 promising that showed reasonable on my side. Result is I bought 3 players out of which 2 were more based on 'gut' feeling than scouting while he has 20 and making 25M+ profit per week.

Also he has more space and more turnover since with lower Training Ground there is little point in training them, I cannot afford to buy Ok potential in the hopes they'll turn promising ..