Forums

Miscellaneous

Prefered leg:

Posted in General

Final Whistle (join) 26 February 2021, 22:33
Found this excerpt from an old post (2012) of a danish manager that says it was from the VM manual ( https://www.virtualmanager.com/clubs/240095/press_releases/107796 ):
"In Virtual Manager's match simulation, the favorite leg influences how well the player finishes. When a player shoots at goal, he should preferably shoot from the opposite side of his favorite leg.
Thus, a right-footed player should preferably stand to the left of the goal when he finishes. If he does not, his shot will be 10% less accurate and 10% less powerful. There is therefore a greater risk that he hits next to the goal, and the goalkeeper has an easier time grabbing the ball.
Both-legged players have the great advantage of being able to finish from any position without compromising their precision or shooting power."
Now this isn't present anymore at least not in the English forums. Does this still applies? I know the manual says no but it was not updated in ages so not putting much faith in that. Also the popular belief is that it doesn't matter (I think it does but maybe not as explained here). Anyone knows of any announced changes since that time and now? if not that would mean it still applies and could be easily verified on statistics for top divisions over a few seasons...

Lowood Mohicans (Ewan) 27 February 2021, 22:43
Used to be the case, and two footed players were considered more valuable, but I think it disappeared following changes in the game. TBH I can't remember why exactly.

The Goon Squad (Very) 27 February 2021, 22:51
Lowood Mohicans wrote:
Used to be the case, and two footed players were considered more valuable, but I think it disappeared following changes in the game. TBH I can't remember why exactly.
Your correct it was taken out, but I don't know why.

I think Finto does because he was the one who told me