Forums

Miscellaneous

This game is dying...

Posted in General

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 14 April 2021, 22:05
SuDoku AFC wrote:
Copper Ridge FC wrote:
The game is no more dead than it was when I started almost 3 years ago. Players are going for the same now as they were then. At some point between then and now, player market values went up for a while with youth squads. Now, they are similar to when I started. That is no evidence that the game is dying IMO.
In actual fact more individual users logged in to the game last month than for several recent months
- since last autumn specifically.
So, I agree, there is no evidence that I'm aware of that the game is dying.
The auction list may be slow at times, but that is no direct reflection of how many HAPPY managers are playing the game as intended - as a football manager game - not necessarily a trading game.
Well your on fire today all that you said makes sense when you look at the bigger picture .

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 14 April 2021, 22:48
The Goon Sqwad wrote:
Final Whistle wrote:
The Wrecking Crew wrote:
You still here? Why aren`t all your players on auction?
Still have a few days of premium left, should end before the end of the week...
Whats a few days if your leaving?
Looking forward to the fire sale imo it's best not to post before selling up ......... Just a thought ......Adrian

The Goon Squad (Very) 14 April 2021, 23:44
Coptic Titans wrote:
The Goon Sqwad wrote:
Final Whistle wrote:
The Wrecking Crew wrote:
Looking forward to the fire sale imo it's best not to post before selling up ......... Just a thought ......Adrian
I would agree, but now it could course a bidding war, so it could be a good idea!?!?!....

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 15 April 2021, 12:29
The Goon Sqwad wrote:
Coptic Titans wrote:
The Goon Sqwad wrote:
Final Whistle wrote:
The Wrecking Crew wrote:
I would agree, but now it could course a bidding war, so it could be a good idea!?!?!....
Indeed Vinny, in my experience 12 hr auctions starting at 0c obtained better than expected results as it creates more of an instant interest . I remember when building my club I always used the method of 15mins auction starting at 0c this creates a spontaneous bidding war frenzy with little time for research .

Johns Army (John) Forum moderator 15 April 2021, 18:53
Copper Ridge FC wrote:
Final Whistle wrote:
It's always a blast buying at a discount, we'll take later when you'll want to cash in on months of searching for talented players and training them on best grounds and you get less then you payed for them...
You bought that player on 3-28 for 25m. You sold him at a minor loss for 24m. Why is Johns Army not complaining ? He paid 32m for the same player on 2-13 and lost 7m when he sold him to you.

Just like playing the stock market, there are ups and downs in this game when it comes to the player market. The game is no more dead than it was when I started almost 3 years ago. Players are going for the same now as they were then. At some point between then and now, player market values went up for a while with youth squads. Now, they are similar to when I started. That is no evidence that the game is dying IMO.

I hope you find a game that you appreciate more than VM. Let us know when you are really, really leaving.

BTW-Your transfer list prices are a little high for someone leaving at the end of the week. I would suggest reducing them now, before you have to auction off all your players. That is, assuming you are really leaving.
Hey smiley

Losses happen, same too profits they come and go. smiley

Supply and demand, sometimes people will be online whom want your players sometimes they won’t be. Sometimes someone is building a team sometimes they won’t be, bidding war my happen sometimes it won’t. If you fall into the middle then ya boom your making a loss. Depends how you buy a player too if your buying for a team technically you’ll pay more, if your after quick profit you might not risk so much. And so on smiley

Not to mention the major factor is positions too.

Copper Ridge FC (Manager of Copper Ridge FC) 15 April 2021, 20:52
Johns Army wrote:
Hey smiley

Supply and demand, sometimes people will be online whom want your players sometimes they won’t be. Sometimes someone is building a team sometimes they won’t be, bidding war my happen sometimes it won’t. If you fall into the middle then ya boom your making a loss. Depends how you buy a player too if your buying for a team technically you’ll pay more, if your after quick profit you might not risk so much. And so on smiley

True. I certainly wasn't poking fun at your abilities. Just pointing out the fact that you weren't on here complaining about it. smiley

Final Whistle (join) 15 April 2021, 22:19
Coptic Titans wrote:
The Goon Sqwad wrote:
Coptic Titans wrote:
The Goon Sqwad wrote:
Final Whistle wrote:
The Wrecking Crew wrote:
Indeed Vinny, in my experience 12 hr auctions starting at 0c obtained better than expected results as it creates more of an instant interest . I remember when building my club I always used the method of 15mins auction starting at 0c this creates a spontaneous bidding war frenzy with little time for research .
Prepare your standing bids, by Sunday evening all players must go. Good thing this feature was implemented!
Already negotiating some lower prices for youths...

Johns Army (John) Forum moderator 16 April 2021, 10:58
Copper Ridge FC wrote:
Johns Army wrote:
Hey smiley

True. I certainly wasn't poking fun at your abilities. Just pointing out the fact that you weren't on here complaining about it. smiley
smiley

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 16 April 2021, 23:53
Final Whistle wrote:
Coptic Titans wrote:
The Goon Sqwad wrote:
Coptic Titans wrote:
The Goon Sqwad wrote:
Final Whistle wrote:
The Wrecking Crew wrote:
Prepare your standing bids, by Sunday evening all players must go. Good thing this feature was implemented!
One the most ridiculous innovations of the game since well the last ridiculous innovation of the game Standing effing bids takes the sport out the effing game.

Edit killshots

Final Whistle (join) 17 April 2021, 20:08
Coptic Titans wrote:
Final Whistle wrote:
Coptic Titans wrote:
The Goon Sqwad wrote:
Coptic Titans wrote:
The Goon Sqwad wrote:
Final Whistle wrote:
The Wrecking Crew wrote:
One the most ridiculous innovations of the game since well the last ridiculous innovation of the game Standing effing bids takes the sport out the effing game.

Edit killshots
And yet they were more important than better tactics and match viewer... That is saying much about what the game deems important.