Forums

Miscellaneous

Tactics

Posted in Ideas/development

Pringle Park (Dodi Retired) 4 August 2021, 10:15
The tactics side of the game seems to have gone untouched for as long as I can remember and I think it’s time for an update. They are quite basic when you compare them to other football management games. It would be good to get a discussion going on what improvements could be made.

For me, the ability to change formation mid match would be good. Say you’re 2-0 up with 15 minutes to go, you could sub on another defender and play 5 at the back or the opposite if you’re 2-0 down! These could be set up in exactly the same way changes are made just now.

More defensive options. Offside trap, sweeper, man to man marking, zonal.

Loads more like playing down the wings, pressing/sitting back, time wasting etc. Maybe the ability to set tactics for individual players?

Thoughts?

Newcastle U FC (Rolf Bergström) 4 August 2021, 12:15
Really great ideas but this won't happen, there is simply no interest in seriously improving the game, sadly, or even listening to the comments of players like us with advice to the developer. It's why there is no proper 2-way development discussion forum after so many years. For many years suggestions like this have just been ignored, you'll probably even get apologist trolls on saying these are bad and unnecessary ideas...bizarre.
Rolf

Enchiladas Mexicanas (Patatas Bravas) 20 September 2021, 22:59
I’ve just put this in the ‘general’ section of the forum, so I’ll move it here:

Unless I have missed something very obvious (very much possible, if not certain), you cannot change formation during a game. Would it not be possible to add an option for this under the normal tactical/subs in-match changes?

If at 70 minutes score is level change to Tactics B, or something? Or do the number of problems and/or possibilities with team/squad selection across the different tactics make this infeasible?