Forums

Miscellaneous

Postpone retirement fee

Posted in Ideas/development

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 6 January 2022, 01:46
Just throwing it out there. Not sure if beneficial to game or not but easy to code

Ability to pay a premium fee to player to play on for 1 or 2 more seasons. Like one last hurrah

May benefit those low on funds to replace or who didn't renew contracts. Or those wanting win one more title

Rookery Park (Matt Colley) 6 January 2022, 02:02
I think it's a fair enough idea, especially if its a key player who's retiring fairly early like at 32

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 9 January 2022, 15:25
I think I've been involved in a similar discussion to this some time ago - but I can't find a relevant thread ...

I think this is a great idea = when a player announces his retirement, the Notification could come with an option to extend his current contract one last time - so probably to the current maximum length of 21 days from "now".
The costs to do so should be progressively much higher than previous renewal to stop us from relying on this as a good regular option - say twice the previous demand for the first extra day rising to maybe four times to go for the full length.
(Either way we'll be happy to pay that for a player we really want to keep a bit longer smiley )

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 9 January 2022, 16:07
I agree the price should be higher than usual