Forums

Miscellaneous

Posted in Developer's corner

FC Apollyon (Liam - CM) Community Manager 19 February 2022, 15:51
Please provide your feedback about the blog post here.
Information about scouts

The information about trainers, that was mentioned in the post can be found below.
FC Apollyon wrote:
Information about the trainers that never got translated into English and released.

Note: These numbers and formulas are old, and has been there since the start of the game. We cannot asses why they were added or what the initial reasoning were.

We will talk internally about its use and if it should change down the line.

A 15 year old player, a trainer with 20 i Youth players, 20 in Coaching of outfield players will give a bonus of 9,11%
A 15 year old player, a trainer with 19 i Youth players, 20 in Coaching of outfield players will give a bonus of 8,66%
A 15 year old player, a trainer with 20 i Youth players, 19 in Coaching of outfield players will give a bonus of 8,58%
A 15 year old player, a trainer with 19 i Youth players, 19 in Coaching of outfield players will give a bonus of 8,14%

A trainer with 10 in Youth players and 10 in Coaching of outfield players will be the same as training without a trainer, in terms of percentages.
It has later come out that a trainer with 10 or less still gives the ability to train an exercise, which is a bonus and then the disadvantages are not as big as it may seem.

Canterbury City (Steve Ansell) 19 February 2022, 21:36
I personally feel I speak for a number of managers when I say I have no interest in scouts.

I would rather see something useful launched, such as the sponosorship offers which was mentioned as being rolled out several weeks ago.

Or maybe the fact that it is impossible to ever have a stadium with 120,000 capacity and sell out at 9 credits. Seems an unrealistic target that should be addressed before the scouts sytem which will only interest a minority of managers.

FC Razor (Jeppe) 19 February 2022, 21:55
Canterbury City wrote:
I personally feel I speak for a number of managers when I say I have no interest in scouts.

I would rather see something useful launched, such as the sponosorship offers which was mentioned as being rolled out several weeks ago.

Or maybe the fact that it is impossible to ever have a stadium with 120,000 capacity and sell out at 9 credits. Seems an unrealistic target that should be addressed before the scouts sytem which will only interest a minority of managers.
There are no changes to how scouts works. This blog was just about informing managers about how it works now. This blog has nothing to do with the current development of the game.

Team Alexander (Alexander) 19 February 2022, 22:02
Personally it's no change for me as i dont even have scounts smiley .

Canterbury City (Steve Ansell) 19 February 2022, 22:40
FC Razor wrote:
Canterbury City wrote:

There are no changes to how scouts works. This blog was just about informing managers about how it works now. This blog has nothing to do with the current development of the game.
Then it's time to start concentrating on what managers really want smiley

FC Apollyon (Liam - CM) Community Manager 20 February 2022, 07:52
I am not a developer of this game, and there's been no time taken away from the developers by informing players about an aspect of the game.

This is part of the community managers role, as I will communicate to the players. This is purely information and nothing has changed from before the blog post, and the focus of the development of the game is what was posted in the last blog post.

It's not an either or situation, where it's development or communication. It can and will be both.
When Sunnyvale makes blog posts they are mainly development focused, when I will do it, they can be everything from simple information, to search for crew members but also communicating development changes and plans.

UpTheBlades (Big Al) 20 February 2022, 11:35
Thanks for the information, it's useful.

ASU Poli Timisoara (alpho) 20 February 2022, 18:01
I haven't understood anything from the thread. Can someone explain?

UpTheBlades (Big Al) 20 February 2022, 20:01
ASU Poli Timisoara wrote:
I haven't understood anything from the thread. Can someone explain?
Read the original post, it gives an insight into how accurate a scout is in assessing a player's potential.

Arsenäl FC (International Quad Champion) Forum moderator 27 February 2022, 04:32
I would like some information about scouts. Can you tell me why they were introduced? Personally speaking, I think they have ruined the game. They are just useful for youth traders who use the knowledge of the scouts to do big transfer deals. The scouts have dumbed the game down completely and taken away all the fun that use to exist in this game. Now, everyone who uses scouts can tell the potential of a player compared to before they were introduced so it also has the taken away the experience that managers had about players who has played the game a long time. Even a noob can tell a bad player from a good player nowadays.

Furthermore, the scouts have ruined the auctions with so much dead wood on it every single day because scouts can tell us how good player X is so nobody wants player Y anymore. All this has killed the forums too compared to before when the game was enjoyable because it use to be fun doing trades but nowadays, the scouts have dumbed the game down so much, the game has become boring and dying a very slow death unfortunately.