Forums

Miscellaneous

Limit on credits?

Posted in General

Lowood Mohicans (Ewan) 9 May 2022, 21:33
So, here's a thought. Should we limit the credits a club can hold? Would the game benefit if there was a maximum amount of credits a club could hold, eg 500 million. They'd have to invest in something. Also, give newer clubs something to aim for. I think 500 million is sufficient to buy a winning team. And, we need clubs to actively participate.

The Wrecking Crew (Gonzo) 9 May 2022, 21:35
Lowood Mohicans wrote:
So, here's a thought. Should we limit the credits a club can hold? Would the game benefit if there was a maximum amount of credits a club could hold, eg 500 million. They'd have to invest in something. Also, give newer clubs something to aim for. I think 500 million is sufficient to buy a winning team. And, we need clubs to actively participate.
I once brought up something of the sort....a tax, if you will. I was practically flogged for even suggesting it.

Lowood Mohicans (Ewan) 9 May 2022, 21:47
I've played tgame since 2013, and enjoyed it. Not so many players now, and less banter/posts. It was always an aim to win a senior trophy, and I've recently achieved my first senior league win. I remember a club, think it was Arsenal (Finto?) - apologies if I'm mistaken - saying 500 million was minimum requirement for a fighting fun.

I just think there is a big task in front of new clubs. But, 500 million is also an achievable target. I'd be happy to work within that parameter.

The Wrecking Crew (Gonzo) 9 May 2022, 21:55
Lowood Mohicans wrote:
I've played tgame since 2013, and enjoyed it. Not so many players now, and less banter/posts. It was always an aim to win a senior trophy, and I've recently achieved my first senior league win. I remember a club, think it was Arsenal (Finto?) - apologies if I'm mistaken - saying 500 million was minimum requirement for a fighting fun.

I just think there is a big task in front of new clubs. But, 500 million is also an achievable target. I'd be happy to work within that parameter.
I don`t even play with the intent on moving up anymore. I muddle around between Divisions 2 and 3, mostly just to pass time. Good trains is probably the biggest joy I get out of the game, and when I get in a bad run, I always tell myself my time here is winding down. But I`ve managed to stick it out for 12 or 13 years now. I simply refuse to buy elders, and when you look at a majority of the best teams, they are all stocked with 31-35 year olds. I commend the managers that can compete with 28 and 29 year olds. They are truly the best managers in the game. Or the wealthiest. And that`s a place I will never be.

Lowood Mohicans (Ewan) 9 May 2022, 22:06
I remember winning my first senior trophy - German Cup. And, to use a football cliche, over the moon at my first senior league. For me, that's where we need to be with this game.

If there are too many obstacles in the way we'll lose the newbies too soon.

Lowood Mohicans (Ewan) 9 May 2022, 22:08
And, possibly too many stalwarts too!

The Wrecking Crew (Gonzo) 9 May 2022, 22:10
Lowood Mohicans wrote:
I remember winning my first senior trophy - German Cup. And, to use a football cliche, over the moon at my first senior league. For me, that's where we need to be with this game.

If there are too many obstacles in the way we'll lose the the newbies too soon.
I also won the senior German Cup once too. With a Div.2 team. Probably my best highlight in my time here, as well.

Osbaston Tigers (Russell) 9 May 2022, 23:27
Been here a while, honestly coming to the conclusion that it's a tough and near impossible mountain to climb to compete at the upper levels. Admittedly under the constraints I operate under, even with a lot of credits it'd be tough.
I accept my level is probably several notches below the top teams, I don't have the time and resources and knowledge of the transfer market to compete. I've not won a top division title yet, but we've managed a few cup wins. Every now and then I develop a half decent crop of Finnish youths and then I can build a semi-decent senior side from them, buying in a few to add to it to have a tilt at being up there at the top division table for a few seasons.
My joy comes from getting my Finnish side up there, even for a little while. I'm not sure that if I was a new manager now, with a fresh start, that I'd stick it out to get to where I am now, never mind reaching the upper levels.

Lowood Mohicans (Ewan) 10 May 2022, 00:01
Dynamo Groby wrote:
Been here a while, honestly coming to the conclusion that it's a tough and near impossible mountain to climb to compete at the upper levels. Admittedly under the constraints I operate under, even with a lot of credits it'd be tough.
I accept my level is probably several notches below the top teams, I don't have the time and resources and knowledge of the transfer market to compete. I've not won a top division title yet, but we've managed a few cup wins. Every now and then I develop a half decent crop of Finnish youths and then I can build a semi-decent senior side from them, buying in a few to add to it to have a tilt at being up there at the top division table for a few seasons.
My joy comes from getting my Finnish side up there, even for a little while. I'm not sure that if I was a new manager now, with a fresh start, that I'd stick it out to get to where I am now, never mind reaching the upper levels.
Your comment about sticking it out is a good summation. I don't think success should be handed on a plate. Players should have to build their way to success. But, if we make it too difficult to get somewhere then we'll lose numbers. And, personally I think it'd be good if there was a limit on spending resources - a financial fair play of some sort.

Lowood Mohicans (Ewan) 10 May 2022, 00:14
The Wrecking Crew wrote:
Lowood Mohicans wrote:

If there are too many obstacles in the way we'll lose the newbies too soon.
I also won the senior German Cup once too. With a Div.2 team. Probably my best highlight in my time here, as well.
I recently came close to a quadruple. I won a league title, domestic cup, VMan World Cup, and lost in the final of the Super Cup. I wasn't expecting it, couldn't have imagined it, but was undoubtedly the highlight of my VMan journey to date. And, the team I did it with cost considerably less than 500 million.

And that's kind of where I'm coming from in this thread. If we create the playing environment where the unexpected, or unimaginable, is actually achievable then we'll have something really special.