Forums

Miscellaneous

Limit on credits?

Posted in General

Red Saxons (igwt) 10 May 2022, 11:12
Hello,

I went back to the game from September 21 to May (I'm stopping again today because I reached my goal of winning a major title and the game doesn't offer me enough tactical depth).

I started again with 50m in September and I finish with 70m today.

During this time I won 3 FA CUP and lost 4 finals. I finished 2x 3rd in PL. My team never reached 100M in value and I never had more than 20M at the beginning of a season to renew the squad.

My tactic was to maximize the cheapest positions (DL, DR, FL, FR, DC) because otherwise it was impossible to be financially sustainable. By buying players at auction from 28 to 30 years old and selling them at 32 years old.

I think it's impossible to win a league title that way but I've managed to stay in the top half of the table for several seasons in a row on a tiny budget and I'm pretty happy with that. I didn't have to invest more than that and the joy of my first FA Cup title was worth the time!

I think the only problem with the current game is unfortunately the lack of players. It took me a long time to get into division 3 and 2 because I started in division 8 or 9 and to get a 40 level player you had to pay a lot of money, nowadays 55-65 level players leave for a pittance. I don't think limiting the older players will balance the game against the new ones. There just isn't enough division between the first and new player and progression seems impossible.

Maybe a solution would be to limit the number of leagues ?

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 10 May 2022, 11:30
Congratulations on your Cup wins smiley

The Goon Squad (Very) 16 May 2022, 20:58
I don't think it's a good idea, but I understand why you think putting a cap on the maximum amount of credits.

Gonzo do you mind unblocking me and messaging me please

The Wrecking Crew (Gonzo) 16 May 2022, 22:39
The Goon Squad wrote:
I don't think it's a good idea, but I understand why you think putting a cap on the maximum amount of credits.

Gonzo do you mind unblocking me and messaging me please
Hey, it`s not just you. I block everyone that sends me messages except staff because it`s usually someone just asking me to buy their player or offering me a stupid amount to sell one of my players. What is it ya need Vinny that can`t be discussed here?

The Goon Squad (Very) 16 May 2022, 22:41
I have an enormous potential prayer that you found look at my ML he's from your academy

The Wrecking Crew (Gonzo) 16 May 2022, 22:46
lol.... exactly. And look who is 'interested' in this player. I have been following him since he was 15. Not because I`m actually interested in him, but because I wanted to follow his development. He`s been great. Too bad he`s an ML, the one position I`ve never used in this game.

The Goon Squad (Very) 16 May 2022, 22:51
He's been fantastic for me is development is great his training is a bit low at the minute but it's been 250+ for a while, in a few months I am hoping that he's below me to league titles

The Wrecking Crew (Gonzo) 16 May 2022, 23:04
There comes a point when a player cannot be considered as 'potential'. He is at that point and I`d unload him now like a hot potato. There are very few players that a person will spend 50m on, and being an ML, his premium is approaching the downside. Honestly, I think you`ll be very lucky to get what you paid for him. But good luck with that.

The Goon Squad (Very) 16 May 2022, 23:07
He's not for sale as such, I want him to help me win titles, but if someone pays the TL price then I can replace him

The Goon Squad (Very) 16 May 2022, 23:08
All of my senior players are transfer listed, apart from two of them I don't care so much about i'll' happy to keep 9 of them, 2 of them I want to strengthen