Forums

Miscellaneous

England in the Nations League ...

Posted in Off Topic

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 14 June 2022, 22:44
I understand that there has been a certain air flight to Rwanda this evening which wasn't quite full ...

Perhaps the England football team should've been given the empty seats and sent on their way smiley

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 15 June 2022, 11:39
Southgate Out!!!

Rookery Park (Matt Colley) 15 June 2022, 14:23
Who would everyone have instead?

I agree with the popular choice Graham Potter but I'm not sure if from his POV it's the right move, I feel like he's on the verge of a move to a top club and I'm not sure if taking the England job now would he good for his top 6 prospects

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 16 June 2022, 11:33
The replacement is the problem smiley

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 16 June 2022, 12:27
Rookery Park wrote:
I feel one or two of the managers here could probably do a better job!

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 19 June 2022, 20:31
SuDoku AFC wrote:
Rookery Park wrote:
I feel one or two of the managers here could probably do a better job!
smiley yes

Johns Army (John) Forum moderator 21 June 2022, 23:06
Took us to the final of the euros and semi final of the World Cup. Nations league he aint don’t good but I think he deserves to stay on through World Cup and then see

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 21 June 2022, 23:18
For what it's worth, ...
I reckon he's treating this competition as a series of friendlies with no need to win them / it.

That may be ok if he really really needs to look for some "better" players than the previously fairly settled first team(?), but, it'not a good look otherwise.

What concerns me more is the mid season World Cup. I can foresee certain clubs either claiming certain players are not fit enough to be released to play, or pressure being put on the National management not to try too hard and get to the latter stages as they don't want their best players returning home absolutely worn out from so many games up to the Final.

KZR LEGION FC (Sean Taylor l FINALLY WCTF) 26 June 2022, 00:40
SuDoku AFC wrote:
For what it's worth, ...
I reckon he's treating this competition as a series of friendlies with no need to win them / it.

That may be ok if he really really needs to look for some "better" players than the previously fairly settled first team(?), but, it'not a good look otherwise.

What concerns me more is the mid season World Cup. I can foresee certain clubs either claiming certain players are not fit enough to be released to play, or pressure being put on the National management not to try too hard and get to the latter stages as they don't want their best players returning home absolutely worn out from so many game up to the Final.
I agree with this

But still funny to watch smiley

Anyways, Christmas is coming soon. It's coming home smiley

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 24 September 2022, 00:41
So, it appears we have the answer.

No-one in the England (men's) camp have any regard for this competition and seem unconcerned to be relegated smiley