Forums

Miscellaneous

Trainers and scouts monopoly! Part II

Posted in General

FC Apollyon (Liam - CM) Community Manager 15 May 2023, 08:27
Hi there,

I have archived the thread called "Trainers and scouts monopoly!" since the topic went far of course and had accusations left and right. This was warned about a few times, but kept going.

The topic will not come back, but here is a part of it, if you have any *constructive* feedback to give on the problem/issue and what possible solutions to that.

We will not tolerate slander, accusations, inappropriate language, etc.
Please read the rules, if you are in doubt.

The forums should be a place for everyone, regardless of your game knowledge, game situation, how you plan to play your game. Its a place for all to share and talk. Keep it on topic and keep it civil and constructive!

Kangz FC (Not Kanu) 15 May 2023, 12:47
EDITED

/CM

Kangz FC (Not Kanu) 15 May 2023, 12:48
EDITED

/CM

Kangz FC (Not Kanu) 15 May 2023, 12:50
EDITED

/CM

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 15 May 2023, 14:47
It seems to me that there are two separate issues:

1. Insufficient top quality staff for everyone to have either any, or as many, as we want.
> This can only be resolved by the developer creating more.
If he's really happy with the current numbers then that's not going to happen.
Either way, further discussion of this here seems pointless to me.

2. The practice employed by one club in particular of signing all, or the vast majority of, available 20.xx.20 trainers so that he can then post them in his own thread for the first manager to see them to then re-sign.
> This means that there are no, or less than a few, available for anyone using the staff search method to find.
This can be the subject of further discussion, there are views on both sides.
But, as I understand it, the practice has been reviewed by VM HQ and has been deemed to be within the game rules and therefore the manager(s) concerned have been given the green light to continue.
If that is also true, then again further discussion seems pointless.

The main problem I see with this practice is:
I understand that vast majority of VM managers do not use the forums.
They therefore have no way of knowing that they are wasting their time trying to find these staff using the search facility. I find that unacceptable, and it cannot be good for the game overall, particularly bearing in mind that some managers do spend literally hours in this pointless pursuit.

The only solution I see if for VM HQ to ask the manager(s) concerned to stop doing this and to leave the trainers alone - ie unemployed - for everyone to find for themselves.
If I thought a "vote" on this would be useful I'd suggest it. But, as the only voters here would necessarily be forum users who are not the most disadvantaged majority, again that seems pointless.

If the practice is to be allowed to continue, then further discussion here is only likely to result in further unnecessary friction on both sides for no useful reason and all everyone can do is to Subscribe to the relevant forum threads and hope to be the fastest finger for the next post ...
Or by searching through lists like this one: 20x20 trainers to see if anyone has come free ...
(If anyone has a program which would "sort" that list into numerical order = I'd be Very grateful smiley )

Skulls and Bones (PK) Forum moderator 15 May 2023, 16:06
If the rules allow the player to do it, the player's going to do it.

Enchiladas Mexicanas (Patatas Bravas) 15 May 2023, 20:19
SuDoku AFC wrote:

1. Insufficient top quality staff for everyone to have either any, or as many, as we want.

2. The practice employed by one club in particular of signing all, or the vast majority of, available 20.xx.20 trainers so that he can then post them in his own thread for the first manager to see them to then re-sign.
> This means that there are no, or less than a few, available for anyone using the staff search method to find.
But, as I understand it, the practice has been reviewed by VM HQ and has been deemed to be within the game rules and therefore the manager(s) concerned have been given the green light to continue.

They therefore have no way of knowing that they are wasting their time trying to find these staff using the search facility. I find that unacceptable, and it cannot be good for the game overall, particularly bearing in mind that some managers do spend literally hours in this pointless pursuit.

The only solution I see if for VM HQ to ask the manager(s) concerned to stop doing this and to leave the trainers alone - ie unemployed - for everyone to find for themselves.
If I thought a "vote" on this would be useful I'd suggest it. But, as the only voters here would necessarily be forum users who are not the most disadvantaged majority, again that seems pointless.

If the practice is to be allowed to continue, then further discussion here is only likely to result in further unnecessary friction on both sides for no useful reason and all everyone can do is to Subscribe to the relevant forum threads and hope to be the fastest finger for the next post ...
Or by searching through lists like this one: 20x20 trainers to see if anyone has come free ...
(If anyone has a program which would "sort" that list into numerical order = I'd be Very grateful smiley )
Well said. I won't be sticking around waiting for hand outs.

Just to rub salt into the wound, the first name I saw on that list was one of my youth players. NOW A 20xx20 TRAINER! BOOOOOOO!

Eagles Academy (Føj nogle træninger) 19 May 2023, 12:48
SuDoku AFC wrote:

Just a bit of information about the amount of high tier trainers in the game currently.

202020: 34
20x20: 546
19x20: 561 (5 is unemployed)
20x19: 578 (6 is unemplyed)

I have no stats for 20x18, x2020 etc.

Newcastle U FC (Rolf Bergström) 19 May 2023, 12:55
SuDoku AFC wrote:

I agree

Thorshammer United (EPU) 20 May 2023, 12:11
Eagles Academy wrote:
202020: 34
20x20: 546
19x20: 561 (5 is unemployed)
20x19: 578 (6 is unemplyed)

I have no stats for 20x18, x2020 etc.
Here is my stats

202020 34
20xx20 1047
19xx20 1072 +/- 5