Forums

Miscellaneous

Back after a few years, what's been happening?

Posted in General

Chelmsford Rangers FC (Nath) 17 May 2023, 21:08
Hello all, hope all is well, just wondering what I've missed since 2021. Looking at the forums seems to have declined sadly. I'm hoping the numbers of people still around are good though, the game seems to still be functioning well!

What's improved? An what do I need to know as the news tab on profile hasn't had an update since March.

Hope to see old names and new names communicate, all the best. Speak soon!

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 17 May 2023, 21:20
Welcome back smiley

The Sponsorship system has had a makeover while you were away ...

That's about it smiley

Chelmsford Rangers FC (Nath) 17 May 2023, 21:28
That looks class that new sponsorship! Thanks for the welcome back!

Purtsmouth FC (Manager of Purtsmouth FC) 19 May 2023, 23:35
I'm back after 7 years too ... seems like the site has been overtaken by users who don't wanna converse with-anybody .. seems a bit elitist tbh ... Maybe too snobbish for me .. unless anybody can convince me otherwise

AFC Redhill (Alex Hatton) 20 May 2023, 09:36
I think there's just not many people left who use the forums

Purtsmouth FC (Manager of Purtsmouth FC) 20 May 2023, 11:27
Thanks Redhill - That's useful to know .. better build up my friends list then smiley

Chelmsford Rangers FC (Nath) 21 May 2023, 00:41
Wonder if there's anyway to get people on the game, social media seems non existent and I reckon there'd be at least a few hundred on them platforms that would be able to get on to the game.

Any help needed I'd be happy to help!

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 21 May 2023, 12:08
What's improved?
Hahaha

The Wrecking Crew (Gonzo) 21 May 2023, 21:41
Purtsmouth FC wrote:
I'm back after 7 years too ... seems like the site has been overtaken by users who don't wanna converse with-anybody .. seems a bit elitist tbh ... Maybe too snobbish for me .. unless anybody can convince me otherwise
https://www.virtualmanager.com/forums/topics/1239427-value

It`s posts like this is why nobody uses the message boards anymore. It happens a lot and appears to be allowed.

Purtsmouth FC (Manager of Purtsmouth FC) 21 May 2023, 22:25
Can not see how my post relates to the one you've hyperlinked whatsoever - I do not not swear and I do not insult - but I am entitled to an opinion .... However my post does somewhat prove my point - I was an early adopter of VM and am sad to see it in decline .. in comparison to what it once was.

That's not to say I don't want to start afresh and I will adapt to how things are now .. Why wouldn't I ?..... My message was written after I was scolded for posting on a 'Selling forum' ... A rule that I didn't know existed ... that's all sorted now (thankfully) and I have apologized for my error.

I am happy to return .. and I will adapt (of course) but I do feel (can't help it) and from what I have seen ... new members and returning members are not made as welcome as they once were.

As a suggestion I am happy to start a thread welcoming new/returning members and offering advice on how to stick with it and build your team gradually etc.All to the benefit of VM

Believe me I had many a good year (s) playing VM and do not want to upset, (only help) .. So if we can all get over the fact that as a fee paying human I am entitled to an opinion and have to right to be heard that'll be great.

Seriously happy (and have the time) to work with new joiners in the hope that they (and the existing members) can work in harmony and all have a great/better experience on what I believe is (still) the best on-line football manager game.

Happy to discuss any comments I've made .. with all good intentions

Chix - Portsmouth FC (published author and blogger)