Forums

Miscellaneous

Ask the Logo Makers

Posted in Banners/logos

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 5 January 2015, 21:40
This Thread is meant for those who are newer to graphic making to ask those of us who are more experienced.

If you're wondering how to make a logo look "glossy", wondering what effect we would recommend to make a logo look a bit more professional, confused about how to cut out a person from a picture to insert into a banner/logo, or can't get the size of the logo right without stretching it so it gets distorted.... Please ask in here, and I/we will try to help you out as much as we can

I personally use Paint.net so am happy to answer all questions regarding the use of that programme. I will try my best to answer for other programmes too, but if others want to volunteer their time to help with questions for other programmes then that would be appreciated, as experience will give better answers than my educated guesswork.

So, any questions needing answers, logos needing a helping hand, some advice or direction about how to start making logos etc, then drop them here and I/we will get back to you as soon as I/we can...

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 5 January 2015, 21:41
Reserved for Index to answered questions.

Manningham FC (HD) 13 January 2015, 22:51
I shall gladly answer questions about GIMP

Liverpool All Starz (Adi) 13 January 2015, 22:52
I'm fairly new to Photoshop but know a few tips and tricks smiley

Sailington United (Will) 25 January 2015, 09:36
When I upload a graphic, it gets a white background. Please can someone tell me how to get rid of it?

Manningham FC (HD) 25 January 2015, 09:37
Star Soldiers FC wrote:
When I upload a graphic, it gets a white background. Please can someone tell me how to get rid of it?
Do you have an image manipulation programme like Paint.net, GIMP, Photofiltre or Photoshop?

Sailington United (Will) 25 January 2015, 09:44
I have Photoshop

Manningham FC (HD) 25 January 2015, 09:44
Star Soldiers FC wrote:
I have Photoshop
OK good.

Do you have a PSD version of the image file?

Sailington United (Will) 25 January 2015, 09:45
No I use JPEG

Manningham FC (HD) 25 January 2015, 09:48
Star Soldiers FC wrote:
No I use JPEG
aha then there's the problem. JPEG will always have a white background.

A couple tips:
ALWAYS export to PNG for a transparent background.
ALWAYS save a working copy as PSD (Photoshop Document) so you can edit it if needs be.

I will see what I can do to get it off tonight, but it's not guaranteed to work