Forums

Miscellaneous

The correct weights for calculating the rating

Posted in General

FC Dulakubai (Sheikh) 29 March 2016, 23:26
I share your surprise that tackling do not carry a greater weight for midfielders. The weights do obviously not take account for the different types of midfielders, as everyone suspected. I personally think the weight for tackling should be upgraded, especially for defensive midfielders. Despite that, I will not downgrade tackling in relation to the match simulator. I still see the ability as a vital part of a good midfield.

with respect to the two players Afghanistan linked, I believe that his players' high rating is mainly driven by the better physic and passing abilities.

I am a little surprised that so many managers have made use of relatively missguiding weights until now. I hope you all will pass on the new weights, so we can get a fair symmetric information part of vman smiley

FC Dulakubai (Sheikh) 23 April 2016, 19:32

Islanders (AD) 24 April 2016, 15:39
Just seen this thread for the first time. Thanks for sharing Sheikh.

However, I have a question. When you check a player on vmaninfo the top graph appears to show the optimum level that a player should be at if he had been trained for maximum rating in his position. This seems to suggest that the older numbers are more accurate. Are you saying that vmaninfo info is wrong? If so, surely the devs need to do something about that.

FC Dulakubai (Sheikh) 24 April 2016, 16:02
LiverpooI FC wrote:

However, I have a question. When you check a player on vmaninfo the top graph appears to show the optimum level that a player should be at if he had been trained for maximum rating in his position. This seems to suggest that the older numbers are more accurate. Are you saying that vmaninfo info is wrong? If so, surely the devs need to do something about that.
vmaninfo is made by Castiglione (the creater of the potential-table). I am aware that he uses Danmarks' percentages for abilities in his calculations of the rating number. It is obviously incorrect. He has probably just used those wrong estimates because there were no alternatives. I am not aware whether Danmark's estimates have ever been correct.

FC Stoke (Rich) 24 April 2016, 16:05
So are we saying that the potential table as you have linked isn't quite right?

FC Dulakubai (Sheikh) 24 April 2016, 16:07
FC Stoke wrote:
No. I believe the potential-table is correct. But the old 'weights' for the rating number are wrong and may always have been wrong..

FC Stoke (Rich) 24 April 2016, 16:12
FC Dulakubai wrote:
FC Stoke wrote:
No. I believe the potential-table is correct. But the old 'weights' for the rating number are wrong and may always have been wrong..
Nice one fella smiley

Islanders (AD) 24 April 2016, 18:31
FC Dulakubai wrote:
LiverpooI FC wrote:

vmaninfo is made by Castiglione (the creater of the potential-table). I am aware that he uses Danmarks' percentages for abilities in his calculations of the rating number. It is obviously incorrect. He has probably just used those wrong estimates because there were no alternatives. I am not aware whether Danmark's estimates have ever been correct.
Thanks mate.

By the way, great work with "The Sheik Way". I'm subscribed. smiley

Forest Fire (Marv) 24 April 2016, 19:02
Have to say great work Dublakai, however i dont believe you have the stats right for tackling in midfeild. not that i know smiley, just judging my mids with others i have found with my eye