Forums

Miscellaneous

Attributes of no importance-field players/keepers

Posted in General

The Dudes (Rasmus Rønn Nielsen) 22 October 2012, 10:18
Darwin Evolution wrote:
Wow. Have to say this is pretty messed up and very, very amateur. Marking and jumping don't mean anything to defenders, even though when you train "defending" these are 2 of the 4 attributes that are impacted. That's awful.

The fact that this has essentially been discovered by accident and communicated like this shows the general disdain that users of VM are held in. Don't get me wrong - I'm thankful that this has been communicated, but really this should have been communicated years ago, and by Rasmus or one of the game developers.

Assume the new game engine will mean stats are used differently? (or will we only be told 5 years down the line?!)
The real problem here is the design itself. It is extremely and unnecessarily complex.

We're working on a new system will which will render this kind of information superflous because the stats will describe themselves automatically.

The Dudes (Rasmus Rønn Nielsen) 22 October 2012, 10:29
Delicate Sound of Kurv wrote:
As it says in the beginningsmiley

The following 4 attributes have no influence on how field players perform on the pitch:
Marking
Determination
Morale and
Jumping
That's absolutely not true. All stats impact how players perform.

Leicester Fosse (Ian) 22 October 2012, 10:39
The Dudes wrote:
If so, why has this information been given to us by a crew member?

The Dudes (Rasmus Rønn Nielsen) 22 October 2012, 10:48
Leicester Fosse wrote:
The Dudes wrote:
I'm not sure. He must've misunderstood something.

I think he means they do not have an impact in particular situations, but I'm not sure.

Leicester Fosse (Ian) 22 October 2012, 10:59
The Dudes wrote:
Leicester Fosse wrote:
The Dudes wrote:
I'm not sure. He must've misunderstood something.

I think he means they do not have an impact in particular situations, but I'm not sure.
Ok then, thanks Rasmus, good to see you helping us English peepssmiley

FC Sunnyvale (Bubbles) Developer 22 October 2012, 11:37
Guys, guys, this wasn't an official announcement from the Virtual Manager head office, it was just a quick answer to a question during lunch.

As such, I cannot guarantee that it was 100% accurate or any where near the whole story. Afterall, it has been 4-5 years since the old match engine was made and I have forgotten tons of details since then.

When we do make official announcements, we do our homework to ensure that what we say is correct.

I hope everyone realizes that there is a huge difference between an official anonuncement and a quick answer off the top of my head during lunch.

The fact that some stats are more important than others is common knowledge - we just haven't documented all the exact details and formulas since most people won't be interested in it.

Harlem Heroes (NCC Legend) 22 October 2012, 11:44
FC Sunnyvale wrote:
The fact that some stats are more important than others is common knowledge - we just haven't documented all the exact details and formulas since most people won't be interested in it.
I would be very interested in the exact details and formulas. If you could mail them to me I would be very grateful.

FC Sunnyvale (Bubbles) Developer 22 October 2012, 11:56
Tempus Fugit wrote:
FC Sunnyvale wrote:
I would be very interested in the exact details and formulas. If you could mail them to me I would be very grateful.
If we had all the time in the world, we might do that and publish it, but documenting every little bit of the match engine would be incredibly complex and time-consuming. It also wouldn't make sense to most people, nor improve their enjoyment of the game, which is what we try to spend all of our time on.

Harlem Heroes (NCC Legend) 22 October 2012, 12:18
FC Sunnyvale wrote:
Tempus Fugit wrote:
FC Sunnyvale wrote:
If we had all the time in the world, we might do that and publish it, but documenting every little bit of the match engine would be incredibly complex and time-consuming. It also wouldn't make sense to most people, nor improve their enjoyment of the game, which is what we try to spend all of our time on.
Fair enough, thanks for replying.

Rhythm FC (MMM) 22 October 2012, 12:22
can someone tell me the difference between fitness and stamina smiley