Forums

Miscellaneous

Left and Right Footed players (Not Both footed)

Posted in General

Deleted club 24 October 2014, 10:48
I cant find the post that confirms this, so would someoen be able to confirm for me please

When you have a single footed player is it best to play him on the opposite side of his foot?

For example, if you have two forwards (As I have), one is right footed and one if left, am I righ in thinking that its best to play the right footed on the left side and the left footed on the right side?

Whittall United (Grant) 24 October 2014, 10:51
I cant find the post either, but havent looked smiley
What you say is true, i can remember the post though.

Deleted club 24 October 2014, 10:55
Krueger Krew wrote:
I cant find the post either, but havent looked smiley
What you say is true, i can remember the post though.
Yeah, I cant find it. I know it was a massive long post but I cant remember the author. Perhaps one of our resident experts will know the answer. I know Sudoku knows just about everything, so if its not confirmed by tonight Im sure he will be kind enough to confirm it one way or the other.

Deleted club 24 October 2014, 12:19
Yes play them on the opposite side of the field, Say he is a FR but is left footed I believe he should be placed on the left for maximum potential return

Deleted club 24 October 2014, 12:54
Its in the manual preferred foot. Play on the opposite side and they pass and finishing will be better. That's how i read it anyway.

Malaga Club de Futbol (Miguel) 24 October 2014, 13:33
From the manual...

"In the Virtual Manager match simulator, a player's preferred foot has an influence on how well he finishes. When a player finishes, he should kick from the side opposite his preferred foot.

Therefore, a right-footed player should kick from the left of the goal, when he finishes. If he doesn't, his kick will be 10% less precise and 10% less powerful. This means that he has a higher risk of missing the goal, and the goal keeper has a better chance of catching the ball."

So if your two forwards are both FC, then yes. However if yours forwards are a FR (but left footed) and FL (but right footed) then no, as playing them out of their positions reduces their overall effectiveness, as seen here...

http://www.virtualmanager.com/forums/posts/3323719

Deleted club 24 October 2014, 13:37

Deleted club 24 October 2014, 13:38
That forum post is old tactics by the looks of it and probably not so accurate anymore.

Transfer Market (Al Pacino) 24 October 2014, 13:38
I've seen this somewhere, but there is one thing bugging me
What to do with offensive midfielders if played near the forwards
example
is it better to play a left footed offensive midfielder on the left side of the middle or the right side?

Deleted club 24 October 2014, 13:48
I hav,nt seen a single player - ( right or left footed _ both footed ) - kick with there Left foot yet.