Forums

Miscellaneous

Benefit to changing leagues?

Posted in General

Deleted club 28 April 2015, 13:09
Hi everyone,

I was hoping someone could answer whether or not there is any advantage of moving leagues?
For instance are some leagues slightly easier to progress in but obviously at the expense of prizes etc.

Any response would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Norfolk Enchants FC (Joe) 28 April 2015, 13:24
Being in a higher league means you will have more supporters, teams around you will have more supporters, therfore higher gate receipts.

Edit - Doesn't really answer your question smiley If you move to an easier league (Not England or Denmark basically) you will find your team will be worthy of a higher league.

Bedford Ramblers (Dom Spratt) 28 April 2015, 13:24
Personally I would change leagues to mix it up a bit. This last season I got promoted but stood no chance in the next league - I was certain of relegation so I moved to Scotland in the hopes of moving forward there. I'd rather not get relegated if I can avoid it. So long as I am making progress in one country I'll stay there.

Deleted club 28 April 2015, 13:28
Some are easier than others.

Changing leagues can work for or against you. Pending on who else moves leagues you could end up higher or lower which is decided by your ranking. Highest rank player moves to the highest empty spot in that country.

Worth checking teams at your league level round the other countries, you may find your already in the easiest one smiley

Arsenäl FC (International Quad Champion) Forum moderator 28 April 2015, 13:36
UC Sampdoria wrote:

Changing leagues can work for or against you. Pending on who else moves leagues you
Touché

Struggling here in Division 2 it seems. Wasn't in Scotland.

Deleted club 28 April 2015, 13:38
Arsenäl FC wrote:
UC Sampdoria wrote:

Changing leagues can work for or against you. Pending on who else moves leagues you
Touché

Struggling here in Division 2 it seems. Wasn't in Scotland.
Early days smiley

Deleted club 29 April 2015, 15:44
Thanks guys gonna have a try at a slighlty easier league to attempt to fill my ground at good ticket prices

Yorkshire Knights FC (Jamie) 29 April 2015, 17:26
IMO England and Denmark are the hardest leagues from division 3 and up ONLY. From division 4 downwards I think it really just depends on who's in which group in which country. I think this from experience - for example I had a 20 rated team and was sat mid-table division 5 in Turkey and I noticed someone with a team a little worse than mine absolutely smashing division 4 in England. Meaning someone with a weaker team is in a harder country in a higher league and doing better than me! So when moving country (unless you're a division 3 or up team) I'd say it's just down to luck how difficult the league is you're placed in. The only problem with getting placed into an easy group is that once you get to division 3 with your 20 rated team you will hit a brick wall.

Deleted club 29 April 2015, 17:35
Are you saying I may as well stay put?

Yorkshire Knights FC (Jamie) 29 April 2015, 17:43
I'm saying there's probably a higher chance of finding an easier group in an easier league such as Turkey, but it's not guarantee'd and you may find an even harder group, but it's worth a shot. I like to change countries when I get sick of playing the same teams