Forums

Miscellaneous

Training and training pitches

Posted in General

Sticklepath City (Alan) 29 September 2015, 20:16
Hi All

I'm a little lost regarding Training what value does it do to players?

Also does training improve if you have better pitches etc?

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 29 September 2015, 20:57
Training improves the players. The bigger training ground you have, the more they improve.

The % score is distributed between the different attributes you train. Each training ground increases the amount of their potential a player can realise in training, so a player who trains at an average of 50% on lawn, may train at 60% average on small training ground, 70% on large training ground etc - doesn't work exactly like that but the principle is right, and that's the easiest way to explain it.

If you train 100% on training match exercise, then each of the 10 attributes affected by the exercise will go up by an average of 10% (some may go up more, some less, as it is not evenly distributed). If you do 100% on an exercise that only affects 3 attributes like set pieces, then each attribute will go up by an average of 33.3%.

Works a bit like buckets of water - the aim is to fill each attribute to the maximum of 99 - if you have a half full bucket and 70% of your train goes into that attribute then it will fill up, he will go up one attribute in that area (eg 36 finishing to 37 finishing) and it will start filling the next bucket.

Each attribute is weighted by position to give the overall player rating. Tackling for example is hugely important for defenders, and 35% of their overall rating will be based on how good they are at tackling.

The light green on the bar in the abilities represents the before training score, and the dark green is everything they have added in that training session.

As you don't have a trainer - you cannot choose the exercise or intensity of your training, it will always be on the "Training match" exercise (which trains all attributes) on normal intensity. Having a trainer allows you to control the intensity (how much effort they put in to the training session) and what exercise they do (different exercises train different attributes intensively, so the % is split across less attributes, giving higher scores in each individual attribute - for example, offensive training exercise can be used to train forwards in important stats for their position - Finishing, dribbling etc, without losing any of the % to stats that aren't important for forwards like tackling etc).

Don't worry too much about it for now, a trainer is a waste of resources in your position, as they cost more in wages than they will add to your squad in value, so basically, all you need to do is click the training button until you have a much higher training ground (1 gold star at least imo) but hopefully, this gives you a bit of a guideline.

UpTheBlades (Big Al) 29 September 2015, 22:52
Great summary for a noob Tom :-)

Sticklepath City (Alan) 29 September 2015, 23:35
Many thanks for taking the trouble and explaining it so well ...... to a noob !

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 29 September 2015, 23:49
Sticklepath City wrote:
Many thanks for taking the trouble and explaining it so well ...... to a noob !
No problem mate smiley

You might find this helpful too - I did it about 3 years ago, but I think it is still up to date as I've edited it to keep it current quite recently... http://www.virtualmanager.com/forums/topics/990468-the-noob-bible-returns

FC Clock Face (The Special One) Forum moderator 30 September 2015, 08:30
UpTheBlades wrote:
Great summary for a noob Tom :-)
Eats, shoots and leaves !!

Islanders (AD) 1 October 2015, 19:20
Nicely explained Tom.

I'm interested in the weightings of attributes per position. Anyone care to share what they are?

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 1 October 2015, 21:13
Paradise City wrote:
Nicely explained Tom.

I'm interested in the weightings of attributes per position. Anyone care to share what they are?
Surprised youre not familiar with them mate. Youll have to google translate (and work out the dodgy translations) but they're here: http://www.virtualmanager.com/forums/topics/1081267-vurderingstallet

Arsenäl FC (International Quad Champion) Forum moderator 1 October 2015, 21:19
Keepers

Handling 25%
Aerial 25%
One on one 12%
Diving 11%
Stamina 7%
Speed 6%
Acceleration 5%
Passing 3%
Leadership 3%
Perseverance 3%

Defenders

Tackling 35%
Stamina 18%
Speed 13%
Acceleration 13%
Passing 6%
Dribbling 3%
Leadership 3%
Perseverance 3%
Finishing 3%
Set pieces 3%

Midfielders

Passing 20%
Stamina 15%
Tackling 15%
Speed 10%
Acceleration 10%
Dribbling 10%
Finishing 8%
Set pieces 6%
Leadership 3%
Perseverance 3%

Forwards

Finishing 34%
Dribbling 20%
Speed 14%
Acceleration 14%
Passing 3%
Stamina 3%
Tackling 3%
Leadership 3%
Perseverance 3%
Set pieces 3%

Islanders (AD) 1 October 2015, 22:57
Cheers Finto, much appreciated.

Tom, I had a rough idea but never knew the exact numbers. Cheers.