Forums

Miscellaneous

This Site Badly Needs a Mobile Version!

Posted in General

Tiquicia FC (Made in Costa Rica) 12 December 2016, 06:21
If this game wants to survive in the long term the developers have GOT to create a mobile version of it ASAP. I mean it's ridiculous how poor this game looks in a smartphone and how difficult it is to try to make changes to your team from most phones.

I have an Iphone 6S and while its not as big as a 6S PLUS or other phones out there the screen is big enough and I still have problems when I want to update the roster, renew contracts, explore the market and bid on auctions on my phone.

Every day mobile is more and more important and more and more users use their phone to browse the internet and play games online.

Sorry for being blunt, but If this site stays stagnant in this aspect it wont survive much longer. It needs a mobile version, or some kind of mobile-friendly platform to stay competitive and get new people to sign up.

Teufel hunden (Another Vacation) 12 December 2016, 09:09
Tiquicia FC wrote:
If this game wants to survive in the long term the developers have GOT to create a mobile version of it ASAP. I mean it's ridiculous how poor this game looks in a smartphone and how difficult it is to try to make changes to your team from most phones.

I have an Iphone 6S and while its not as big as a 6S PLUS or other phones out there the screen is big enough and I still have problems when I want to update the roster, renew contracts, explore the market and bid on auctions on my phone.

Everyday mobile is more and more important and more and more users use their phone to browse the internet and play games online.

Sorry for being blunt, but If this site stays stagnant in this aspect it wont survive much longer. It needs a mobile version, or some kind of mobile-friendly platform to stay competitive and get new people to sign up.
I hope what you are trying to refer to is an app, because this site already has a mobile version. Maybe this could use some new features or some updates, but there is no need in my opinion for a new mobile version. With that said, an app would certainly change the game for people, but that would take time and development and probably money to complete and that may take quite a while. Maybe there could be a forum and a common website to collaborate as the players to develop and then bring that developed product to the staff here for review. Because unless I am mistaken, there just isn't the proper resources for this site to make all the changes that people want right away. Maybe one of the mods can help clarify what I mean, or maybe even take point in leading the development or at least testing the waters to see who would be interested in assisting in such a task.

Tiquicia FC (Made in Costa Rica) 12 December 2016, 15:36
Teufel hunden wrote:
I hope what you are trying to refer to is an app, because this site already has a mobile version. Maybe this could use some new features or some updates, but there is no need in my opinion for a new mobile version.
I am sorry to say, but if this site already has a mobile version it's in need of a big update, because it's certainly not friendly or easy to use as it is. I know this site has limited resources, but I am just giving advice and feedback as a user to try and help make the site better.

So far when I try to use the site on mobile I end up losing my patience and wait until I get home because it gets very annoying to try to use it on my smartphone.

I wish I could upload screenshots or a video to show you what I'm talking about. At this point the only thing I do on mobile now is check to see if I have any last minute notifications.

Whittall United (Grant) 12 December 2016, 16:10
I agree an app would be good, but as it stands I have no issues using it on my phone.

FC Clock Face (The Special One) Forum moderator 12 December 2016, 22:38
Its a browser game, not a phone app.

Many more pressing issues in my opinion.

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 12 December 2016, 23:38
Mobile version is poor to be fair however as Daz says, let them.improve the game first then work on the number of ways they successfully deliver it.

Peterborough utd FC (Andy) 13 December 2016, 18:29
i dont know what your talking about,i do everything ftom my phone and i have no problems playing this game at all

Crawley Town FC (Joe T) 13 December 2016, 19:42
Peterborough utd FC wrote:
i dont know what your talking about,i do everything ftom my phone and i have no problems playing this game at all
*You're
Grammar Police smiley

Mr Popgun FC (Clear Eyes Full Hearts) 17 December 2016, 23:12
The developers are too inexperienced and the game doesn't have enough money to pay someone else to create a neat app for them. They already tried a couple of years ago when Rasmus, the dudes, was still with us. Didn't work out and thus they gave up. Big mistake since the game is doomed to die out in a couple of years. I figure they will probably give fully up on it in three years or so and then they will just do the minimum effort to keep the site alive, sadly.

It's a dying genre, they had to adapt to the market changes, but they didn't so now the game is doomed. What ever.

The Goon Squad (Very) 17 December 2016, 23:28
I've only read the title, but I fully agree with it, ive been playing a American Football game called Madden Mobile, im so addicted to it, but the concept imo works well, I think that VM could take idea's from it maybe get some financial backing, FA,, FIFA, EA SPORTS, Superliga and actually pump some money into real development, even of the game as we know it dies and were all on a mobile app, but with the same layout as we have here.

Im just throwing ideas as I type. Its a shame to be honest, back when I found the forums, I had two pages of active members (friends) I'd speak to now I have barley over half of page of them same people who are active