Forums

Miscellaneous

Original 2D Gameplay

Posted in General

Conors Wizards (Conor Monk) 21 January 2019, 11:57
Just a quick question seeing how many of the original players here remember the old classic gameplay of the 2D dots. I for one thought this was far better and now honestly cba to watch games whereas before I used to watch every match. Anybody else feel like this?

Would personally love a way to be able to watch it in this format again

Whittall United (Grant) 21 January 2019, 13:08
I would love it if it went back to that, the sim we have now meant that other stuff needed to change, essentially taking away what made this game so good imo.

I still enjoy the game, but it was so much better.

Conors Wizards (Conor Monk) 21 January 2019, 13:30
I'm honestly happy its not just me! I used to watch every game and properly get into it however nowadays the gameplay itself seems boring to me and nowhere near what it should be. Bring back the nostalgia!

Whittall United (Grant) 21 January 2019, 13:32
I watched the first game, then never bothered again, i didnt watch much of the old sim, but still more than i watch now lol

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 21 January 2019, 15:27
I was quite happy with the 2D (as in other games I've played),
having now got used to the new 3D I have to say I prefer it.

But, there is absolutely No Contest in having the 3D with the other stuff having been removed,
against the 2D along with individual player tactics etc which were a Major plus to this game!

I'd turn the clock back on this one in a heartbeat.

Conors Wizards (Conor Monk) 21 January 2019, 16:29
The thing that got me hooked in this game was the 2D gameplay however this 3D match engine just feels like a poorly executed FM game and doesn't interest me in the slightest

Yorkshire Knights FC (Jamie) 21 January 2019, 23:12
The circles were so much better imo, better football to watch

Harlem Heroes (NCC Legend) 22 January 2019, 10:56
SuDoku AFC wrote:
I was quite happy with the 2D (as in other games I've played),
having now got used to the new 3D I have to say I prefer it.

But, there is absolutely No Contest in having the 3D with the other stuff having been removed,
against the 2D along with individual player tactics etc which were a Major plus to this game!

I'd turn the clock back on this one in a heartbeat.
Completely agree. You had more control with the original and individual tactics. Nevermind.

Conors Wizards (Conor Monk) 22 January 2019, 11:55
Would love a feature to go back to the way it was before but unfortunately it aint gonna happen