Forums

Miscellaneous

Formations

Posted in General

Sheffield Hibernian (Dn) 2 September 2019, 17:02
Is there a best formation?, what's your formation?

Whittall United (Grant) 2 September 2019, 19:08
Just make sure everyone is in a green square smiley

Cant Score (Hello) 2 September 2019, 19:29
Unfortunately there is not a great deal of documentation on the new match simulator available. Its also a great shame there is no option to set players individual instructions. However we are told that "Using a good tactic, your chances of winning more matches are higher".

Try experimenting with some formations and changing them slightly to see the effect as opposed to a brand new tactic each game as then you cant really contrast and compare. I normally base my formations around the squad as opposed to getting a set formation in mind and buying players for that as some positions e.g. CM and DC can be pricey.

Try looking at some of the highest VIFA ranked teams to see how they line up and play?

Like Grant said - It would be foolish to not have all of your players on a green square.

Formations aside there are some details that should be considered. I've listed some ideas off the top of my head.

One of the most important is energy. Young players and players with less stamina will loose energy more easily - make sure you have some substitutes. I'd normally play with an increased tempo. If you feel comfortable of a win maybe drop back to normal to preserve energy.

You should always have a minimum of 3 midfield players - if you have anything less the match simulator will give you a possession penalty thus leading to less chances.

Tackling - I'd personally always go Extreme - even if you do have a slightly increased risk of a suspension its worth it, especially in the lower leagues.

Mentality - Offensive will do the job if you feel you have a superior team. I'd often go Park the bus and go low tempo against far far superior teams in order to preserve energy and hope for a draw. However; The more offensive the mentality the greater potential for energy loss.

Play style - Generally Shoot on site works best - you get more shots and hopefully more goals if you have a strong forward.

Make sure you have set Role instructions - e.g. you get a boost for a captain with higher leadership.

Keep in mind there is a reasonable home advantage.

The Goon Squad (Very) 3 September 2019, 11:53
Whittall United wrote:
Just make sure everyone is in a green square smiley
pretty much

Sheffield Hibernian (Dn) 3 September 2019, 12:27
A F C Wimbledon wrote:
Unfortunately there is not a great deal of documentation on the new match simulator available. Its also a great shame there is no option to set players individual instructions. However we are told that "Using a good tactic, your chances of winning more matches are higher".

Try experimenting with some formations and changing them slightly to see the effect as opposed to a brand new tactic each game as then you cant really contrast and compare. I normally base my formations around the squad as opposed to getting a set formation in mind and buying players for that as some positions e.g. CM and DC can be pricey.

Try looking at some of the highest VIFA ranked teams to see how they line up and play?

Like Grant said - It would be foolish to not have all of your players on a green square.

Formations aside there are some details that should be considered. I've listed some ideas off the top of my head.

One of the most important is energy. Young players and players with less stamina will loose energy more easily - make sure you have some substitutes. I'd normally play with an increased tempo. If you feel comfortable of a win maybe drop back to normal to preserve energy.

You should always have a minimum of 3 midfield players - if you have anything less the match simulator will give you a possession penalty thus leading to less chances.

Tackling - I'd personally always go Extreme - even if you do have a slightly increased risk of a suspension its worth it, especially in the lower leagues.

Mentality - Offensive will do the job if you feel you have a superior team. I'd often go Park the bus and go low tempo against far far superior teams in order to preserve energy and hope for a draw. However; The more offensive the mentality the greater potential for energy loss.

Play style - Generally Shoot on site works best - you get more shots and hopefully more goals if you have a strong forward.

Make sure you have set Role instructions - e.g. you get a boost for a captain with higher leadership.

Keep in mind there is a reasonable home advantage.
thanks