Forums

Miscellaneous

Making youth players - probability of a good one?

Posted in General

Long Dog Wanderers (Sir Long of Longton) 25 March 2020, 00:43
What's the typically probability of developing a good youth?
i.e. a talent?

Arsenäl FC (International Quad Champion) Forum moderator 25 March 2020, 01:45
There's no probability. It's pot luck.

Loyals (VMEnhancer) 25 March 2020, 11:01

Magic Monkeys (Josh) 25 March 2020, 13:02
Loyals wrote:
That's the first time I've seen this and I think it's extremely useful. Makes me wonder how much else I don't know smiley

Plymouth Patches (Fanoir Le Patch) 25 March 2020, 20:57
Long Dog Wanderers wrote:
i.e. a talent?
I've signed 310 youth players in total, and 18 of those have been talents, but no superyouths. The link posted by Loyals suggests a 1.08% chance of signing a PP22 or higher.

My stats show that I got a talent around 5.8% of the time. Call me lucky

Final Whistle (join) 25 March 2020, 21:08
That is to compensate for my youth talents hat were slim to none...
8 in 230 but 2-4 of those were passing switching talent on/off so most likely not talents unless trained with trainer.

Loyals (VMEnhancer) 25 March 2020, 21:15
Plymouth Patches wrote:
Long Dog Wanderers wrote:
i.e. a talent?
I've signed 310 youth players in total, and 18 of those have been talents, but no superyouths. The link posted by Loyals suggests a 1.08% chance of signing a PP22 or higher.

My stats show that I got a talent around 5.8% of the time. Call me lucky
The potential numbers 1-30 in the blog is NOT equivalent to PP. PP were derived from the old scout. The numbers in the blog is the back end actual potential.

If I were to make a guess on what PP22 equals to in the blog, it would be ~15-16. Which fits rather well with you ~6%.

Final Whistle (join) 25 March 2020, 21:16
Yeah, I was gonna suggest the same, but this is unclear from the lack of documentation generally available on VMan.

Loyals (VMEnhancer) 25 March 2020, 21:24
FC Viitorul Constanta wrote:
Yeah, I was gonna suggest the same, but this is unclear from the lack of documentation generally available on VMan.
PP isn't official in any way. It's just convenient to compare players across facilities.

For calculations I have aligned with Castiglione(vmaninfo maker) to make sure we both use the same formula to compensate training-sessions without a coach.

And that formula is a guess based on the assumption that people train their players on hard + a little trainer effect.