Forums

Miscellaneous

Training

Posted in General

Ginni Devi Modi IOE (Decland Wren) 27 March 2020, 15:04
I've been meaning to reach out for a bit of help for a while on this one, and i'm sure there are a lot of others on the game that will have the same question. Whilst I'm sat 'working from home' - this seems like a good a time as any to ask.

I've been training the same way for years. I have 5 trainers and I split my team into 5 groups - GK's, Youth attacking, Youth Def, Snr Attacking and Snr Defense and then each day i train my whole team by going through the list of training options, for example (Monday - training match, tuesday - interval training, Wednesday - team building - exc... the only time it's different is when GK's have there own exercises like handling and crosses and when it comes to 'attacking/defensive' training - where I will focus the training on the appropriate groups.

I generally have anywhere between 4-9 players in each group. I also train everyone on hard intensity. I generally train everyday but do miss the odd day on the weekend.

SO, my questions are...

1. Is this a normal way of training?
2. When I get a decent youth, is it better for them to have one to one training with a trainer?
3. Should I change intensities for different groups?
4. Are the groups even needed? Should i just throw everyone in together and save money?
5. Any tips on how to improve my training - general tips for people looking to improve?

Thanks in advance
Dec

Whittall United (Grant) 27 March 2020, 15:31
1. Users will have different ways they think training is best, its just a personal preference.

2. One on one training isn't needed, makes no difference, just a wasted trainer and money, putting them in a group is fine smiley

3. I always trained on hard, if you play in the lower leagues, you use less energy, but obviously as your team rises, if trained correctly, your players should have improved stamina so can cope with the extra energy demand.

4. Groups do matter, unless you train in training match all the time, then you would only need 2 groups, keepers and outfield.
You have to have groups because keepers, defenders, midfields and forwards all have different key stats, so you wouldn't be able to maximize the players rating increase.

5. I always had 4 groups, keepers, defenders, midfielders and forwards, this worked fine for me, and at a minimal cost, you can target all the key stats for their respective positions.

I could send you my training programme if you wish smiley

Ginni Devi Modi IOE (Decland Wren) 27 March 2020, 15:40
Whittall United wrote:
1. Users will have different ways they think training is best, its just a personal preference.

2. One on one training isn't needed, makes no difference, just a wasted trainer and money, putting them in a group is fine smiley

3. I always trained on hard, if you play in the lower leagues, you use less energy, but obviously as your team rises, if trained correctly, your players should have improved stamina so can cope with the extra energy demand.

4. Groups do matter, unless you train in training match all the time, then you would only need 2 groups, keepers and outfield.
You have to have groups because keepers, defenders, midfields and forwards all have different key stats, so you wouldn't be able to maximize the players rating increase.

5. I always had 4 groups, keepers, defenders, midfielders and forwards, this worked fine for me, and at a minimal cost, you can target all the key stats for their respective positions.

I could send you my training programme if you wish smiley
Thanks a lot Grant, this is really helpful!

Yeah, would love to check out your plan, what is the best way for you to send it?

Whittall United (Grant) 27 March 2020, 15:47
Sent it you smiley

Also, have a look here if you haven't, maybe something in here for you too smiley

https://www.virtualmanager.com/forums/topics/1205976-the-noob-bible-2019-edition

Plymouth Patches (Fanoir Le Patch) 27 March 2020, 19:28
I use 5 trainers, and 5 groups: Forwards, Midfield, Defenders, Keepers and Youth. All trainers are 20-x-20, youth coach is 20-20-20.

The senior groups have different training every day, and the training programme ensures that the long term stats matches the ideal stats for the position as closely as possible.

Junior players training is training match, and they stay on this until age 20 +/- 2 weeks

Hope this helps

Ursus Crumbenowe (patricus) 28 March 2020, 08:42
Hii,

question... My old player became to trainer. Can I hire him, without Premium?

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 28 March 2020, 09:16
Ursus Crumbenowe wrote:
Hii,

question... My old player became to trainer. Can I hire him, without Premium?
You can only use trainers if you have premium