Forums

Miscellaneous

Upgrade Browser???

Posted in General

Kiwi Seagulls (Stewart Simpson NCC winners) 8 April 2020, 13:25
I just tried to adjust my tactics and it says I need to use either google chrome, Firefox or Microsoft edge. I am already using google chrome!

Crackalackin (Leroy) 8 April 2020, 13:42
I’ve had exactly the same today. I’ve Tried chrome and Firefox smiley

Crackalackin (Leroy) 8 April 2020, 15:53
Any news on this from Devs yet?

Proosterbos Cannibals (I quit) 17 April 2020, 17:48
I have the same problem, when playing with my (prehistoric) ipad mini, since a few days.

This old thing refuses to upgrade the IOS beyond version 9.5.3, and since a few days this gives me this problem. Tactics cannot be adjusted, and a full list of players has become unavailable.

It might more be an issue created by Apple than by the developers of this game, in order to force us to upgrade to a new ipad...

Does anyone have a suggestion of how to deal with this? Because currently I have to switch to my laptop to adjust tactics, which is quite a nuisance. And probably I won't be the only one with this issue.

Kiwi Seagulls (Stewart Simpson NCC winners) 17 April 2020, 22:04
No I can't view the players list in my first team, but I can in my youth team! Which is odd!

Loyals (VMEnhancer) 18 April 2020, 14:06
What is the url/address which doesnt work?

Proosterbos Cannibals (I quit) 18 April 2020, 14:11
Loyals wrote:
What is the url/address which doesnt work?
url's that don't work fine are e.g.

- https://www.virtualmanager.com/players
- https://www.virtualmanager.com/new_tactics, and all tactics adjustments thereafter.

Then I get the message "Please upgrade your browser". As mentioned above, my ipad mini is an old piece of work, and it doesn't upgrade IOS further than 9.3.5...

Loyals (VMEnhancer) 18 April 2020, 14:15
Proosterbos Cannibals wrote:
Then I get the message "Please upgrade your browser". As mentioned above, my ipad mini is an old piece of work, and it doesn't upgrade IOS further than 9.3.5...
It is very hard to keep every piece of code backwards compatible with all browsers for all old versions.

Your system might not be able to update, but you might be able to download a browser which supports the code.

Proosterbos Cannibals (I quit) 18 April 2020, 14:20
I already feared something like that...

I remember that I did get an update of IOS a few days ago. Before that update I think it worked just fine, though I'm not playing this game for a very long time yet.

I suspect that Apple turned some functionality that worked fine just off, to screw users still working with old ipads, to force them to upgrade... I know for a fact that they actively limit the life span of their appliances, and this would fit just fine in that strategy.

By the way, what Stewart said above, also goes for me. Youth player list and tactics still are visible. But adjusting a youth tactic is not possible.

I also went to visit Firefox, to install it on the pad, but then you need an IOS version of at least 10, so that's not a solution for me. Same for Google Chrome, you need IOS 12. Microsoft Edge also requires at least IOS version 10.

So, there's no solution for us then?

Loyals (VMEnhancer) 18 April 2020, 19:21
Proosterbos Cannibals wrote:
So, there's no solution for us then?
I'm afraid so. I suppose the upgrade-message is dropping down from the top? In that case, I dont think you should get your hopes up that there will be made compatible code :/