Forums

Miscellaneous

Financial stability of the Top Clubs

Posted in General

Final Whistle (join) 28 January 2021, 20:19
I'm having a hard time making any sense of how a club can be stable just from match income. Anyone has any guidelines?
Seems you need 81.482 places sold out for 20 games@7C each season to make the cash for allowing self sustainability.

Is the system thought for teams with Stadiums of 120.000 places, WCTF and training and selling 4 players to get 1 first team player?

Ptfcstuart (Stuart) 28 January 2021, 20:22
I have only just returned to this game from a few years where I have not played.

This used to be an issue years ago, I see it has not changed today. I think there needs to be work on the additional income sources, i.e. additional revenue through match day programme sales, food and beverages stalls, this is how real football works and I'd imagine this has been suggested in I&D. I do agree with you.

All Ireland (Kieran O Sullivan) 28 January 2021, 22:57
is that not the point, most online games want to make staying at the top indefinitely almost impossible, otherwise the game would get stale.

it should eat up your reserves for a hit at the top, then need to drop and rebuild.

Tottenham Hotspur (anyway coys) 28 January 2021, 23:08
FC Viitorul Constanta wrote:
I'm having a hard time making any sense of how a club can be stable just from match income.
i do not think any top club can be stable

if you have enough credits and buy extremely well you might have a really long run but eventually you will go broke if you are not buying and selling on the side

Alpha Wolf (Lewis Taylor Brent) 28 January 2021, 23:38
Shirt sales are huge for clubs in real life, especially for star players. I'm not and have never been a top club, but there should be some security for those at the top who've worked their way up.

Final Whistle (join) 28 January 2021, 23:49
Tottenham Hotspur wrote:
I'm having a hard time making any sense of how a club can be stable just from match income.
i do not think any top club can be stable

if you have enough credits and buy extremely well you might have a really long run but eventually you will go broke if you are not buying and selling on the side
But that's the thing they should. What would be if the same would happen IRL? Barcelona only being in Primera for 6-8 Seasons, then they should relegate and rebuild, or Manchester United, etc. It should be harder to stay at the top of each division but not in the top division. At the moment the way things play out it seems it's based more on luck than anything else.
This is the 3rd season I've had 3 matches in Italy Cup only 2nd at home, and the 3rd against a top 10 team in vifa rank. Again in VM World Cup, in 3 seasons only one match at home. There should be at least some guarantee that if you have a better squad you don't waste it by not playing most games at home.
Only from the income lost in the missed home games in 2-3 months that's the cost of one First team player.

Tottenham Hotspur (anyway coys) 29 January 2021, 05:22
It should be harder to stay at the top of each division but not in the top division.
i was talking about being a "top club" which i would say means being consistently in the top 3-4 of a 1st division

being financially stable while staying in the 1st division is tricky but more doable

i spent just about all of 2020 in the prem league and dropped out with more credits than i started with though i did train up players on the side to sell

i would say that careful buying and selling most players before they got too old and retired kept me near breaking even just from tickets and sponsorship and prize money

but in regards to making it easier for top teams to stay in the 1st division this is a game not real life and you are not here to support the top teams you are here to become a top team and if it is easy for top teams to stay top then there is no way for newer teams to become top teams and it would all be pretty pointless

Alpha Wolf (Lewis Taylor Brent) 29 January 2021, 11:17
Tottenham Hotspur wrote:
It should be harder to stay at the top of each division but not in the top division.
i was talking about being a "top club" which i would say means being consistently in the top 3-4 of a 1st division

being financially stable while staying in the 1st division is tricky but more doable

i spent just about all of 2020 in the prem league and dropped out with more credits than i started with though i did train up players on the side to sell
But then there's not really a point striving to be a "top" team. People putting several years in to still have a constant battle doesn't make any sense. The game having simplistic tactics doesn't help, as there's no skill gap beyond the market
i would say that careful buying and selling most players before they got too old and retired kept me near breaking even just from tickets and sponsorship and prize money

but in regards to making it easier for top teams to stay in the 1st division this is a game not real life and you are not here to support the top teams you are here to become a top team and if it is easy for top teams to stay top then there is no way for newer teams to become top teams and it would all be pretty pointless

Alpha Wolf (Lewis Taylor Brent) 29 January 2021, 11:20
***My comment wasn't included,

(Can't be bothered retyping it all). Basically.. People spending upwards of several years striving to be a top club, shouldn't still face a constant battle against a system that literally acts to push them down. The tactics in the game could do with being updated, to establish a skill gap and merit a reward for being at the top

Eaglescliffe FC (James Humphreys) 29 January 2021, 12:41
As a newbie (ish) to the game, I think the key point here that has been made is that it is not like real life. You can't loan players out to build them up or gain XP from matches and the emphasis is on either selling you players for profit or doing just enough to build them up at your level. It is refreshing to not have people who've been on the game longer just dominate as an overall aim, as that would lock out smaller teams completely. Although, it is harder for newer teams to get up there as essentially everyone is after the same things instead of established teams just coasting along. But I'm all for a system that means you can't just stay at the top all the time, otherwise there would be no point in new people joining. There are annoying elements like the training ground being a real disadvantage especially when finding talents and getting turned over in the transfer market, but I guess that bit does reflect real life to an extent...