Forums

Miscellaneous

Financial stability of the Top Clubs

Posted in General

Ipswich Town Allstars (Dunx Adams) 29 January 2021, 12:41
It is possible to stay at the top in this game. Of this there can be no doubt. Real Madrid CF, have been at the top for at least two years now, and other teams like Atlanta Hawks, Centenary Stand, Liverpool's Year and Ulm Warhawks have also been there for as long as I can remember

I had a year in the top 5 in 2019 with a team value starting at only 380K. A year later it was only 250K and I had to rebuild. Had I been able to be online more often I could have easily made a profit whilst being in the top 5

I am now approaching a time when I again expect to be in the top 10 for a very long time. If you can take the time to flip players then there is no reason why you should lose money whilst being at the top. The Gate money at 7credits will always be over 700K per match, (12M a week) the Sponsorship should be 2M a week, and the prize money from cup runs usually brings a further 2M+ a week. It isn't hard to make 18-20M a week when you are in the top 5 without selling a player. The devaluation of your players is considerable though and care must be taken to change them at the right time.

The new youth team has made staying at the top easier than before, because decent quality youth go up in value fast and should easily offset the loss from a team of 30 year olds.

This is just how I see it. I am sure some will argue but before you do, just look at the teams I mentioned and their history. if they can do it then it is possible smiley

Arsenäl FC (International Quad Champion) Forum moderator 29 January 2021, 12:45
Alpha Wolf wrote:

People spending upwards of several years striving to be a top club, shouldn't still face a constant battle against a system that literally acts to push them down.
This 100%. Otherwise, what is the actual point? While it may be sustainable for the very elite, there are other elite clubs with 10 years here or whatever who just can't sustain it as it's extremely hard/too expensive to do so.

Ipswich Town Allstars (Dunx Adams) 29 January 2021, 12:50
There is a formula. there are indeed many teams who have spent 10+ years playing and not found it. This is not because the game is working to keep them down, it is simply because they aren't doing it the same as the teams that have made it.

I have pretty much outlined what you need to do. but I see these "old teams" messing around in Div 2 with players which they could easily replace and get promotion. It can only be through choice.

All Ireland (Kieran O Sullivan) 29 January 2021, 12:56
Alpha Wolf wrote:
***My comment wasn't included,

(Can't be bothered retyping it all). Basically.. People spending upwards of several years striving to be a top club, shouldn't still face a constant battle against a system that literally acts to push them down. The tactics in the game could do with being updated, to establish a skill gap and merit a reward for being at the top
so what you're saying is its hard to get to the top, so when i get there i want to make it harder to get to the top for other people as i cant be bothered to keep trying, its almost like the game is designed to keep it competitive and interesting and forcing me to keep playing if i want to retain my place.

what about this plan its got the same theme, i want to be able to pay to win, but only i am allowed to pay to win, as it is unfair and tantamount to stealing if i spend my money if other people can just outspend me.

Braziliance (Bobby S) 29 January 2021, 14:27
your whole team value was 380k?????and you were in the top 5?unless all your players were retiring and then had 0 value I can't see how any team can be top 5 with a team value of 380k lol

I could well be wrong but just dont see it

I have been at the top before won stuff etc but never managed to sustain it like some of the others have.i change methods maybe to much but thats the joy of the game, trial and error.seeing what works for you enjoying it also

Final Whistle (join) 29 January 2021, 14:44
Ipswich Town Allstars wrote:
There is a formula. there are indeed many teams who have spent 10+ years playing and not found it. This is not because the game is working to keep them down, it is simply because they aren't doing it the same as the teams that have made it.

I have pretty much outlined what you need to do. but I see these "old teams" messing around in Div 2 with players which they could easily replace and get promotion. It can only be through choice.
I actually think there are different formulas for different team levels, and getting to a higher level is always resource draining and if not completed successfully it only leads to pain and credits loss.
What am I basic that on?
Let's take income, first the guaranteed one, Division home matches income.

According to the vifa rank but also on division, as it will eventually even out over 2 seasons at the same level, there is a first level that is based on each division's income potential. Most important variable here is the stadium size (once you assume comparing teams at the same level).
The figure previously circulated, in 1st division you get an average of 700k per match @7C (i've never had more than 350k @6C but I just promoted so my vifa rank is low). But let's assume 500k as an average, if you have a big enough stadium, which at 7C would be just over 70k places. That's LVL5+some stand upgrade of LVL 6 that is north of 28M (so in my specific case I'd need some 40M improvements of my stadium on the short-medium term).

Then there is the variable income from Cups.
First is the National Cup, where even with a strong team you don't get more than 2 matches at home regularly(or I've been very unlucky since my last final cup match played away,not producing any income, just sorrow).
So that's 1M/week if you go with average income of 500k, but maybe here the matches you play at home is against weaker teams, as I have been blessed with.

Second cup is for teams over 256 vifa rank, which in 1st div and top div 2 might still be an option.
But here I've only had 1/3 games at home so maybe in the best case scenario you get 1 match every two seasons, so assuming 250k./week.

Additionally you can get, based on vifa points some 500k more in Sponsorship, and some more cash from TV rights(not sure how many, but not a lot i'd assume, maybe half that, 250k?.
So the entry level for a team in 1st division would be:
17*500k = 8.5M > Division
+
2*500k=1M > League Cup
+
250K > WC Cup
+
500k > Sponsorship
+
250k > TV Rights

Total 10,5M
Team needed for achieving this: 11x 10M (around 29yo, over 80 rating) =110M
Weeks needed to make back the cash: 110/10,5= 10,5 = 2 months.

Ipswich Town Allstars (Dunx Adams) 29 January 2021, 15:17
I can't argue with your figures for being an entry level div 1 team. My figures quoted were for being in the top 5 vifa teams.

I have never found it wise to charge 7credits a match until you get into the top 10 on Vifa rank. 6 credits per match will serve you better.

Tottenham Hotspur (anyway coys) 29 January 2021, 19:23
FC Viitorul Constanta wrote:
So the entry level for a team in 1st division would be:
17*500k = 8.5M > Division
+
2*500k=1M > League Cup
+
250K > WC Cup
+
500k > Sponsorship
+
250k > TV Rights

Total 10,5M
Team needed for achieving this: 11x 10M (around 29yo, over 80 rating) =110M
Weeks needed to make back the cash: 110/10,5= 10,5 = 2 months.
i want to get in on this no wages, no repair costs lifestyle

Aiki FC (Andrew) 29 January 2021, 19:24
I did the triple about 18 months ago - Super Cup, FA Cup, & Premier League in the same season....to me it's all about the amount of time you can give the game...the more you can commit to flipping players, building long term teams, formation changes, scouting untrained 15 year old etc the more you can get to the top and stay there....I find it hard to commit more than 20 minutes a day to the game so can just about stay in a top league and have a top youth team...to stay at the top you need a bit more time and play all the angles....

Tottenham Hotspur (anyway coys) 29 January 2021, 19:27
Ipswich Town Allstars wrote:
It is possible to stay at the top in this game. Of this there can be no doubt. Real Madrid CF, have been at the top for at least two years now, and other teams like Atlanta Hawks, Centenary Stand, Liverpool's Year and Ulm Warhawks have also been there for as long as I can remember.
the original topic says "I'm having a hard time making any sense of how a club can be stable just from match income"

that is what people are responding to though for the most part we are also counting the other standard match based income of prizes and sponsorship

none of the people you mention have done that they all make additional money in other ways