Forums

Miscellaneous

Financial stability of the Top Clubs

Posted in General

Johns Army (John) Forum moderator 29 January 2021, 20:18
I was making roughly 3-5m profit a week from ticket sales, match tv, prizes before selling up and I have 64k seats was at 7c.

They can do it with work. smiley

Mind I wasn't doing any trading at the point so only loss was contracts.

Tottenham Hotspur (anyway coys) 29 January 2021, 20:46
Johns Army wrote:
I was making roughly 3-5m profit a week from ticket sales, match tv, prizes before selling up and I have 64k seats was at 7c.

in fairness you had a lot of your team for a year and only got about 12 weeks in 1st division during that time so it was not exactly a case of maintaining financial stability in 1st division

Johns Army (John) Forum moderator 29 January 2021, 20:49
Tottenham Hotspur wrote:
Johns Army wrote:

in fairness you had a lot of your team for a year and only got about 12 weeks in 1st division during that time so it was not exactly a case of maintaining financial stability in 1st division
yeah but I did choose to sell them instead of keeping for another 3-6 months would have been the same smiley

Tottenham Hotspur (anyway coys) 29 January 2021, 21:01
Johns Army wrote:
yeah but I did choose to sell them instead of keeping for another 3-6 months would have been the same smiley
would it have been though?

another 4 months would have seen most of your players 32-33yr with the possibility of reduced stats and greater age really reducing what you could sell them for

i assume that you would make more profit each week though since your players hitting their prime so maybe 7-9mill profit each week for the 17 weeks so like 120-150mill profit during that time

i think there is every chance the total player sales price could have decreased more than that during that time even ignoring the possibility of retirements

Final Whistle (join) 30 January 2021, 00:09
Tottenham Hotspur wrote:
FC Viitorul Constanta wrote:
So the entry level for a team in 1st division would be:
17*500k = 8.5M > Division
+
2*500k=1M > League Cup
+
250K > WC Cup
+
500k > Sponsorship
+
250k > TV Rights

Total 10,5M
Team needed for achieving this: 11x 10M (around 29yo, over 80 rating) =110M
Weeks needed to make back the cash: 110/10,5= 10,5 = 2 months.
i want to get in on this no wages, no repair costs lifestyle
Well consider buying the players at 29 keep for 2 months sell at 31, you'll probably get the wages and repairs from the sale of the first team.
This was just a very basic way of estimating income and attempt to rebuild the squad in a never ending cycle, thus providing a balance to the game.

Final Whistle (join) 30 January 2021, 00:14
Tottenham Hotspur wrote:
Johns Army wrote:
would it have been though?

another 4 months would have seen most of your players 32-33yr with the possibility of reduced stats and greater age really reducing what you could sell them for

i assume that you would make more profit each week though since your players hitting their prime so maybe 7-9mill profit each week for the 17 weeks so like 120-150mill profit during that time

i think there is every chance the total player sales price could have decreased more than that during that time even ignoring the possibility of retirements
Exactly, it's what it seems following player prices and possible income. But there is another level for top club(top 1% so maybe 100-150 VIFA Rank?), that needs maybe 2-3x the player value in previous example and I'm not exactly sure what the income would be since I've not reached that level yet.

Also the initial assumption is that you already have a team, the facilities and the stadium, which is a false premise as I'm actively working towards getting there. Except that at this point all my estimations don't give any good options of maintaining it so then what's the point in reaching the top if all it get's you is 1-2 months at the top,maybe once every 14 months...

Alpha Wolf (Lewis Taylor Brent) 30 January 2021, 00:25
All Ireland wrote:
Alpha Wolf wrote:
***My comment wasn't included,

(Can't be bothered retyping it all). Basically.. People spending upwards of several years striving to be a top club, shouldn't still face a constant battle against a system that literally acts to push them down. The tactics in the game could do with being updated, to establish a skill gap and merit a reward for being at the top
so what you're saying is its hard to get to the top, so when i get there i want to make it harder to get to the top for other people as i cant be bothered to keep trying, its almost like the game is designed to keep it competitive and interesting and forcing me to keep playing if i want to retain my place.

what about this plan its got the same theme, i want to be able to pay to win, but only i am allowed to pay to win, as it is unfair and tantamount to stealing if i spend my money if other people can just outspend me.
I suggested that the tactics are improved, allowing a skill gap to form determining who's at the top and who would then benefit from the finances..

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 30 January 2021, 16:24
IMO:
Everyone gets home gate receipts (so long as you have enough players to field a team for each game).
Everyone gets TV rights income and if you're good enough League Position prize money during the weekly update.
"Active" managers should get Sponsorship most weeks (if not they're either not bothered about applying or are asking for too much...)
So far, so good. But, as "everyone" is getting Credits from these income streams, no-one is getting ahead of anyone else much in real terms.
Some of the better clubs also get extra income from Cup runs and eventually prize money - but that in itself isn't generally a huge amount.
The players wages and Stadium repair costs go up as you progress to the higher levels of the game, meaning more running costs against increased income.

So, there are only two ways that I know of to really outpace the growth of the clubs around you (whatever level you're at right now...)
They are, - being consistently lucky with your own home generated Youth Players - which yes is a Premium only achievable benefit, - or player trading - which can be done to great profit by anyone willing to invest the time to get the results.
That IMO is the big difference between this and all the other FM games I've ever played = time spent wisely here can improve your team and game experience way ahead of those who just log in to set tactics, watch their matches, etc etc.

Final Whistle (join) 30 January 2021, 16:31
SuDoku AFC wrote:
IMO:
Everyone gets home gate receipts (so long as you have enough players to field a team for each game).
Everyone gets TV rights income during the weekly update.
"Active" managers should get Sponsorship most weeks (if not they're either not bothered about applying or asking for too much...)
So far, so good. But, as "everyone" is getting Credits from these income streams, no-one is getting ahead of anyone else much in real terms.
Some of the better clubs also get extra income from Cup runs and eventually prize money - but that in itself isn't generally a huge amount.
The players wages and Stadium repair costs go up as you progress to the higher levels of the game, meaning more running costs against increased income.

So, there are only two ways that I know of to really outpace the growth of the clubs around you (whatever level you're at right now...)
They are, - being consistently lucky with your own home generated Youth Players - which yes is a Premium only achievable benefit, - or player trading - which can be done to great profit by anyone willing to invest the time to get the results.
That IMO is the big difference between this and all the other FM games I've ever played = time spent wisely here can improve your team and game experience way ahead of those who just log in to set tactics, watch their matches, etc etc.
But is it right to incentivise the more active managers or the ones with the better tactics?
This is the point some of us make. That the game is not designed to reward better tactics and also not many tactical options to choose from anyway since most play with shoot on sight, and hard/extreme tackling and depending on home advantage playing offensive or defensive...
All discussions around tactics seem to lead to the same direction : if all results are possible there is nothing out of the ordi art when an improbable result happens. Discussions never go into why a d how to do better cause the older clubs (at least those active in forums) seem to have totally abandoned the tactical aspect of the game and think it's worthless to get into this kind of discussions.

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 30 January 2021, 16:40
FC Viitorul Constanta wrote:
But is it right to incentivise the more active managers or the ones with the better tactics?
This is the point some of us make. That the game is not designed to reward better tactics and also not many tactical options to choose from anyway since most play with shoot on sight, and hard/extreme tackling and depending on home advantage playing offensive or defensive...
All discussions around tactics seem to lead to the same direction : if all results are possible there is nothing out of the ordi art when an improbable result happens. Discussions never go into why a d how to do better cause the older clubs (at least those active in forums) seem to have totally abandoned the tactical aspect of the game and think it's worthless to get into this kind of discussions.
Well, I was sticking to the thread topic: "Financial stability of the Top Clubs".

If we're talking Tactics, - then my opinion is that no FM game is a serious FM game without the ability to set individual players tactics, and for them and the overall team tactics to have a material impact on the performance of the team.
The removal of the individual player tactics from this game was the biggest disappointment I've had since I joined. But, the justification given was that very few managers actually used them anyway. - More fool them IMO - but either way VM HQ have said quite openly that they feel there are other things that need dong - currently "mobile friendly access" - before they'll even think of trying to re-instate them.