Forums

Miscellaneous

Financial stability of the Top Clubs

Posted in General

Final Whistle (join) 30 January 2021, 19:58
SuDoku AFC wrote:
Well, I was sticking to the thread topic: "Financial stability of the Top Clubs".

If we're talking Tactics, - then my opinion is that no FM game is a serious FM game without the ability to set individual players tactics, and for them and the overall team tactics to have a material impact on the performance of the team.
The removal of the individual player tactics from this game was the biggest disappointment I've had since I joined. But, the justification given was that very few managers actually used them anyway. - More fool them IMO - but either way VM HQ have said quite openly that they feel there are other things that need dong - currently "mobile friendly access" - before they'll even think of trying to re-instate them.
I see what you're saying. And I completely agree with your opinion on having individual orders being a must. You can't have long passing a team strategy when your forwards keep switching sides with long passing and never advancing towards the goal. Same as you can't have shoot on sight and defenders passing the ball in the home penalty area and never advancing towards the middle eventually passing to an opponent. you want your defenders to use long pass when there is any danger and not risk the match by passing short or backwards.But that seems not possible in any combination with current tactics Also two different sets of tactics/positioning should be available, one when defending the other when attacking.

And one more thing related to the initial topic of stability. I've invested over 40-50M in addition to existing squad that improved over the past 6 months to get to 1st division, will I ever get that money back? All bets have it at a definite no. So to push past the entry barrier you need 20-30M at least from top of 2nd division and bottom but not relegation places in 1st division. And what are the gains from that? 1M/week tops from ticket income. Potentially one million more for reaching higher cup phases once every 4-5 weeks. So how long does it take to make that investment pay off?4 months or so? Am I missing something? There should be promotion bonuses and higher TV Rights (not sure what they are at the moment since everytime I promoted I was relegated so I got scraps...
Also there should be some weekly bonus for just being in the WC Cup. So in the event you have an away match you've still benefited from investing enough to be in top 256 teams. This way the added incentive to be among the top clubs is not just temporary 'glory'.
Same system is implemented in real world every club reaching Champions league groups gets 10M, that's a year's budget for smaller clubs in Eastern Europe! This is the reason why there is still a national division otherwise from internal sponsorship and the 2-5k spectators average in recent years the football would be dead...

Final Whistle (join) 30 January 2021, 20:36
Most of the Red below is the cost of promotion from 2nd division to 1st and hopefully not to relegate. Include around 4M weekly profit that's not displayed, that was also eat up. There are very small investments in youth in one of the oldest seasons displayed however. All the profits were also reinvested, current balance sits at 1.3M from the last 2-3 days of matches at home.

Wonder how much I will lose for a stint in 1st division for 1-2 months and if I'll manage to remain there without significant investments in player replacements/upgrades...

Final Whistle (join) 8 February 2021, 14:40
Quick update:
So last season I made just under 900k from prizes and sponsors from the first team, in addition to one match at home in VM WC and 2-3 in Italy cup(lost in Quarter final).
Total match income(including youth) was 6,6M so in total around 7M if I exclude income from youth team of around 500k per season. That's around 31,5 per month or just under 80M for the 2,5 more seasons that's likely to remain in a level close to this one with minimal investment (maybe around 10M to replace GK, DL/DR, with FR being replaced by my youth so not counting the 11+M).
By playing in 2nd division instead of an average 6,6M per week I'd have between 4,9M to 5.6M youth included, so over the same period a loss of 20 million without the need to replace my players and just wait for the youth to arrive at the same level over the remaining 2-3 months(maybe Gk would retire or needs replacing but otherwise I'd be more stable by just using youths. In addition I could sell the senior players that are way over 2nd division level and get some 20M income from there instead of maybe settling for 6-8M in the end of their careers.
Will wait for 1-2 more seasons for my VIFA rank to increase from stabilising on the bottom level for 1st division and see if the income increases and if it makes more sense to keep fighting for relegation each season. Last season it was all decided on the last day with 3 clubs at 33 points and the relegation team had 31 points if I'm not mistaking. So with just one win the last day and the 3 points against a stronger team in an away match I managed to finish 8th due to higher GD.

This new season I also didn't get any sponsorship so that's a 7-900k hole in the budget if the proposed sponsorship is accurate.

Later edit: just noticed the funny math pertaining to the case and with a bit of laziness on my side to tap 11M in the calculator typing instead 11.111.111:
11.111.111/600.000=18,51... weeks to make back the 11M spent on a sample player from playing matches(no wage or other prizes included)
18,51/4,5= 4,11... months to get the cash back
4,11*30 days = 123,45678....9 days to make back the cash

Loyals (VMEnhancer) 9 February 2021, 00:49
After reading this I decided to make a tool that could pull my financials 1 year back.

Sponsors 61,200,020
Media rights 16,656,706
Transfers(income) 208,546,821
Tickets 598,101,461
Other(income) 80,508,614
Total revenue 965,013,622
Operation costs -13,658,500
Upgrades -85,000,000
Transfers(expenses) -410,521,864
Wages -185,318,049
Other(expenses) -58,559,055
Expenditures -753,057,468
Result 211,956,154

As I am trading very little most of my transfer income comes from found talents for the few trades. They pretty much make up the result. However, this is without the 85m stadion upgrades I did spring 2020, so in total I think I've been able to make a living consistently making top5 in my 1st divisions.

My goal have been to stay in the "top" and with little to none trading. I've tried to buy the new players at about 25-26 to make their time with the team longer.

Tottenham Hotspur (anyway coys) 9 February 2021, 05:40
Loyals wrote:
After reading this I decided to make a tool that could pull my financials 1 year back.
can anybody use this tool? smiley

Loyals (VMEnhancer) 9 February 2021, 08:06
Tottenham Hotspur wrote:
Loyals wrote:
can anybody use this tool? smiley
Not currently as the data is behind a login, and is being executed of a server which would result in everyone using it sharing ips and probably recieving some sort of trade ban between the clubs.

Final Whistle (join) 12 February 2021, 18:27
Just noticed the increased salary in the past 2 weeks of 100+K/day(or should I say +50%) or around 700K per week additionally.
This significantly impacts the finances with the income increase of 1M, it is almost negating all the extra income from Cup home matches. No wonder the average weekly balance excluding transfers is not progressing towards better gains!!

Rawle United (christopher) 12 February 2021, 20:09
FC Viitorul Constanta wrote:
Just noticed the increased salary in the past 2 weeks of 100+K/day(or should I say +50%) or around 700K per week additionally.
This significantly impacts the finances with the income increase of 1M, it is almost negating all the extra income from Cup home matches. No wonder the average weekly balance excluding transfers is not progressing towards better gains!!
A lot of clubs in real life at the top run in debt, teams at the top have to pay more to stay there, just because people may be at the top in the game it does not mean they should be running great big profits? No one else would ever stand a chance and the game would become closed shop if that was the case

Cobra Kai (Johnny Lawrence) 13 February 2021, 10:07

[/quote]
A lot of clubs in real life at the top run in debt, teams at the top have to pay more to stay there, just because people may be at the top in the game it does not mean they should be running great big profits? No one else would ever stand a chance and the game would become closed shop if that was the case
[/quote]

Yes it would ruin the game if the top clubs kept running away from the rest of us. You can see the long term affect of that if you just look at the european leagues irl!

In the german league Bayern have won the league in the last 8 years and in 2017-2018 won by 21 points! Thats just boring!

The french league PSG have won it 7 times in the last 8 years! In 2015-2016 they won the league by 31 points! Thats ridiculous.

In the italian league Juventus have won the league the last 9 years!

Surely you want to play a game where you cant pick the winner each year? Why would you ever want to give the winners more profit surely you would want to handicap winners to make it a more level playing field?

Rawle United (christopher) 13 February 2021, 10:24
[quote=The Order]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Yes it would ruin the game if the top clubs kept running away from the rest of us. You can see the long term affect of that if you just look at the european leagues irl!

In the german league Bayern have won the league in the last 8 years and in 2017-2018 won by 21 points! Thats just boring!

The french league PSG have won it 7 times in the last 8 years! In 2015-2016 they won the league by 31 points! Thats ridiculous.

In the italian league Juventus have won the league the last 9 years!

Surely you want to play a game where you cant pick the winner each year? Why would you ever want to give the winners more profit surely you would want to handicap winners to make it a more level playing field?
[/quote]
Thats just the point i was trying to make, the game would be closed shop if the top clubs had it easy and could just make enough money through gate receipts and sponsorship, that would just send us plebs away from the game if i though i never had a chance of winning something one day