Forums

Miscellaneous

Financial stability of the Top Clubs

Posted in General

Loyals (VMEnhancer) 13 February 2021, 11:51
Tracys Treats wrote:
Thats just the point i was trying to make, the game would be closed shop if the top clubs had it easy and could just make enough money through gate receipts and sponsorship, that would just send us plebs away from the game if i though i never had a chance of winning something one day
The developers objective is to make it just the right amount of hard work to stay in the top. The players prices play a role in this as the only real variable the developers doesn't control 1:1.

If it is too easy to stay on top, the clubs reaching for that will stop playing.
If it is too hard to stay on top, the clubs falling of too quick wil stop playing.

The goal is pretty much a equilibrium between the two.

Rawle United (christopher) 13 February 2021, 11:53
Loyals wrote:
Tracys Treats wrote:
Thats just the point i was trying to make, the game would be closed shop if the top clubs had it easy and could just make enough money through gate receipts and sponsorship, that would just send us plebs away from the game if i though i never had a chance of winning something one day
The developers objective is to make it just the right amount of hard work to stay in the top. The players prices play a role in this as the only real variable the developers doesn't control 1:1.

If it is too easy to stay on top, the clubs reaching for that will stop playing.
If it is too hard to stay on top, the clubs falling of too quick wil stop playing.

The goal is pretty much a equilibrium between the two.
That is a great summary and exactly how it should be, gives us all a chance

Ipswich Town Allstars (Dunx Adams) 14 February 2021, 18:05

Sponsors 2,300,000 C
Media rights 383,851 C
Transfers 49,000,000 C
Tickets 11,315,436 C
Other 1,498,980 C
Income 62,198,268 C
Operation costs -125,500 C
Upgrades 0 C
Transfers -51,010,571 C
Wages -6,010,907 C
Other -1,734,569 C
Expenditures -58,881,547 C
Result 3,316,721 C
Balance 9,824,489 C

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 7 March 2021, 22:40
Just to add a relevant piece of info here...

I had just short of 240 million when I came back to the game in December 2019. I built a squad of talents, and developed them. I traded by flipping players a bit for a month or two when I came back, but mostly just left the squad alone and didnt do any flipping at all after that - not sure how much profit I made in the 2 months of flipping.

I trained the youths up (selling and replacing a few along the way) into a team that won 3 different leagues (all ones I hadn't won before) and 6 cups. I also had 7 second place top flight finishes and 4 cup finals that I lost.

I have sold everybody up today. A few went cheaper than expected. I have 264 mill in the bank and will make around another 8 million this season from tickets by leaving my team of free transfer scrubs in the top flight to take the beatings.

So overall, from 14 months playing the game, and spending around the last 5 months or so in the top flight, most of that competing for titles/cups, I am actually around 30 million better off than when I started (once this weeks tickets are banked). 12 mill of that was a decent youth I created though, so I'm roughly 18mill up if you discount the talent.

So overall, yep, absolutely sustainable to be competitive in the top flight, but you need to have WCTF, 80k stadium and a war chest.

I sold up as I knew I couldn't afford to keep replacing older players and if I didn't do it right now then I'd end up with significant financial losses from players losing value. If I had started this project with another 250-300mill in the bank then I could have sustained this long term if I had wanted to, very easily.

I'm off the game for a bit now, maybe for good, who knows, but I do still have some things I would like to accomplish (number 1 on VIFA list - highest I've ever done was #3.... not won Super Cup or VM International, plus theres maybe 3 or 4 leagues I haven't won yet too) so I may come back for that in future.... we'll see.

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 7 March 2021, 22:52
The Dark Carnival wrote:
I'm off the game for a bit now, maybe for good, who knows, but I do still have some things I would like to accomplish (number 1 on VIFA list - highest I've ever done was #3.... not won Super Cup or VM International, plus theres maybe 3 or 4 leagues I haven't won yet too) so I may come back for that in future.... we'll see.
Don't be gone for too long Tom

Final Whistle (join) 7 March 2021, 23:25
So basically all you have to show for after 14 months financially is 18m while training players on WCTF for the entire duration. How much would you have made just by training 42 promising or higher for the same duration? Or by casually step trading for the same duration? This is what im saying by competting at the top there is no more room to grow and the starting capital is insanely high. In 14 month I went from 0 to WCTF +some 50k stadium and 200m team.and for the same period (except for trophies which I'm not saying they're not important, on the contrary) is 18M starting at WCTF and 30k places more than me at the end of the 14th month approximately.
I think it's a bit disproportionate the cost of trophies or having a great team, all the other clubs catch up on you...

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 8 March 2021, 07:36
With all due respect, I've made enough money to be competitive. What's the point stockpiling money? Surely to win trophies... which I did. I had a specific project id wanted to do for a while, which was to train a team of youths all the way through to winning top flight titles. Can tick that one off now. If I wanted to make piles of cash then I could have, but I know I'm not going to play this game for the next 10 years so what's the point? I have enough to achieve my objectives.

I could have traded alongside it if I'd had more initial capital, there is plenty of scope to grow, that just wasn't my plan as I don't want to commit that level of time to the game as I have other priorities.

Think you need to realise that there's a million ways to play this game and not everyone has to do things your way because you come across as quite arrogant and rude when people disagree with you. Even people who have been playing a lot longer and know a lot more.

Final Whistle (join) 8 March 2021, 09:20
I know I can come off as arrogant but I sais nothing against you. I'm just frustrated about how the game is set up, incouraging trading I stead of performance and winning trophies. Luckily I've found a replica of another online football manager that I've played for years and I'll slowly transition there as the pace is slower, there is no need to pay for premium to win first division and international cups and daily training is automatic so no need to login just to train.
So again, congratulations on your performance, it's not something so trivial. I just wanted to make a point in this thread that this game is not setup for competitive play unless you trade or have a ton of capital that you eventually get from trading. While in reality most financing is from sponsors, competition prizes in champions league or premier leagues, and stadium income.
But to play 2 years only to come to find out I'll need to sell everything and spend 14 months to train youth to win first division and then sell them in their prime just to not lose value on them is just something unacceptable. Being forced to stay in 2nd division or lower to be able to train players and make the profit at the same time is again not realistic, the wage system is poorly designed.
Jump from 2nd to 1st division should be 25% not 100%!!
Same when relegating, there should be no carryover vifa rank to say that you still need to pay for astronomical wages when your teams relegated and stadium income is dropping by 20-30% overnight.

Bayern Munich (Benjamin) 8 March 2021, 16:44
FC Viitorul Constanta wrote:
But to play 2 years only to come to find out I'll need to sell everything and spend 14 months to train youth to win first division and then sell them in their prime just to not lose value on them is just something unacceptable.
They didn't say they had to do that, they said they wanted to do that so they did that.

This just isn't the game for you. It has problems, but as far as I can see you're upset you can't just come in and quickly be competitive and make credits all at the same time. That's not what this game is, and it's not what it's been as long as I've been here. It's more like an MMORPG, where you have to grind and keep leveling up until you reach a point where the "endgame" opens up for you, which can be any one of a bunch of choices that all have trade-offs.

Cobra Kai (Johnny Lawrence) 8 March 2021, 20:01
FC Viitorul Constanta wrote:
I know I can come off as arrogant but I sais nothing against you. I'm just frustrated about how the game is set up, incouraging trading I stead of performance and winning trophies. Luckily I've found a replica of another online football manager that I've played for years and I'll slowly transition there as the pace is slower, there is no need to pay for premium to win first division and international cups and daily training is automatic so no need to login just to train.
So again, congratulations on your performance, it's not something so trivial. I just wanted to make a point in this thread that this game is not setup for competitive play unless you trade or have a ton of capital that you eventually get from trading. While in reality most financing is from sponsors, competition prizes in champions league or premier leagues, and stadium income.
But to play 2 years only to come to find out I'll need to sell everything and spend 14 months to train youth to win first division and then sell them in their prime just to not lose value on them is just something unacceptable. Being forced to stay in 2nd division or lower to be able to train players and make the profit at the same time is again not realistic, the wage system is poorly designed.
Jump from 2nd to 1st division should be 25% not 100%!!
Same when relegating, there should be no carryover vifa rank to say that you still need to pay for astronomical wages when your teams relegated and stadium income is dropping by 20-30% overnight.
I cant tell whether you are trolling or being serious? If the game was how you say you want it then you would be moaning that everything is too easy to achieve and there is not enough challenge in the game. You spend to much time focusing on all the things that could be better rather than enjoying all the good things about the game. No game will ever be perfect just enjoy the journey!