Forums

Miscellaneous

Is it time to select a youth's position?

Posted in General

Welling United (Smith) 23 March 2021, 14:57
I'm sure this has been discussed before, but does anyone believe we should be able to chose the exact position of our youths?
In the last 10 I've created I have chosen defender. I have had 1 CB who was useless and the rest all LB or RB who I don't need even if they are half decent!
Plus also I think it would sort the market out as there seems to be a shortage of midfielders in my opinion. Maybe not shortage but midfielders seem to sell for a lot more than all other positions.

Welling United (Smith) 23 March 2021, 15:18
Welling United wrote:
I'm sure this has been discussed before, but does anyone believe we should be able to chose the exact position of our youths?
In the last 10 I've created I have chosen defender. I have had 1 CB who was useless and the rest all LB or RB who I don't need even if they are half decent!
Plus also I think it would sort the market out as there seems to be a shortage of midfielders in my opinion. Maybe not shortage but midfielders seem to sell for a lot more than all other positions.
Yeah I 100% agree with this forum post, very well put

The Goon Squad (Very) 23 March 2021, 19:53
Welling United wrote:
Welling United wrote:
Yeah I 100% agree with this forum post, very well put
Why are you quoting yourself?

Also I created two defenders the other day and both were useless DC

Cant Score (Hello) 23 March 2021, 20:45
Welling United wrote:
Regarding midfielders picking the exact position would not make a difference. Prehaps it just because the rating number for Midfielders is harder to target due to stats being more evenly distributed and thus a midfielder of the same rating as a defender/forward your looking at would be a better player, with higher total stats. Or alternatively maybe people see its easier to train defenders/forwards and get a high rating number fast then sell for a profit.

I'm not sure about picking the expect position... I can see both sides, on one hand it would be very useful as I can select the exact position I want instead of duplicating, I appreciate this is extra important for squads building for the long term or even more so in your very specific case of having only home-grown players. Alternatively then perhaps the market would be flooded with certain positions deemed to be more valuable and we would see shortages/surpluses of different positions over time depending on which positions are being picked.