Forums

Miscellaneous

European Super League

Posted in Off Topic

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 19 April 2021, 12:55
So what do we think?

Liverbirds Club (Taking a break) 19 April 2021, 14:19
I think it's a terrible idea. The footballing pyramid is an essential part of why we all love football. This goes completely against it, when the 15 "founding" clubs won't be able to be relegated from the league. The fact that five other clubs can qualify annually doesn't do anything for me.
As a Liverpool supporter I'm furious that our owners have put our name on this. I'm fuming about it.

The new plans from UEFA aren't exactly great either, but this is a terrible alternative.

Newcastle U FC (Rolf Bergström) 19 April 2021, 14:20
a hideous betrayal

Neso (Charlie Munger) 19 April 2021, 15:00
If this isnt being used as a really bad idea to get an alternative a go ahead then this proves that the owners really do live the in clouds.

Even from a money stand point these clubs will end up suffering in the long term.

Rawle United (christopher) 19 April 2021, 20:45
The rich want to be richer is all this is about, the fans have not been consulted and that is a complete joke by the owners of the so called big 6, there is no way they should be aloud to participate in the premier league if they are playing in the super league.
The fans are the only ones that can stop this happening and we all need too have our say in it, I don’t follow any of the clubs that may go into the super league, but my thoughts if it was the club I followed would be in done with them as it’s taking the game away from the bloke who wants a pint and to go to the match once a fortnight

Whittall United (Grant) 20 April 2021, 11:06
It wont get over the line, this super league needed the leagues to be on board, as financially thats where the bread and butter is for these clubs, the clubs themselves know it can't work without them still being apart of their domestic leagues, its a pipe dream imo.

Rangers FootbalI Club (PK) Forum moderator 20 April 2021, 11:34
Agree with Grant. It's a non starter.

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 20 April 2021, 13:27
I think it will happen but maybe not how it's laid out at the moment

Rawle United (christopher) 20 April 2021, 14:21
they wont need the bread and butter of the premier league when they are getting ten times the money from the super league, the 6 clubs will go and the premier league cannot do anything about it, they dont care about losing the fans in the uk as they have millions around the world that do not understand what the clubs mean to the community's in and around the areas, the big 6 as they are called are
English clubs in name only and the people at the top do not care they want the guarantee of that money year in year out, good riddance to them and please dont come back knocking on the door if it does not work out.

Rangers FootbalI Club (PK) Forum moderator 20 April 2021, 14:59
These glamour ties are glamour ties. They won't be once we've all seen them a million times. If they want to ruin football, I mean completely destroy it, they're on a good track, it's a cracker!

The fans will decide what happens, it's a fans game.