Forums

Miscellaneous

European Super League

Posted in Off Topic

Rangers FootbalI Club (PK) Forum moderator 20 April 2021, 15:00
One Example. Remember Leicester Citys fairytale?

Moments we all felt during that (fan of them or not) will never happen again if this goes ahead.

Morons at the helm

Eaglescliffe FC (James Humphreys) 20 April 2021, 15:06
For as much as it is a bad idea, part of me thinks just let them go. it's been building up to this for years anyway. It's just a shame they are using the names and history of established clubs and not starting up brand new franchises to do it like the NFL, because when that bubble bursts, and it will, all that history will be gone and fans will be left without clubs as there will be no way back for them. What's more sad is that it's been allowed to happen seemingly without anyone noticing. For years the broadcasters for the premier league have been pushing this agenda of Premier league football is simply the best and the premier league has been selling itself all over the world and assuming massive fan bases of people who spend loads on the club but never actually attend a game. Now the average man can't actually afford to do so. On international weekends when the show league one and two games, you can see they absolutely loathe it and give about 5 minutes of build up, no informed commentary then just pack up and go home. No wonder there is so little interest for teams outside of the Prem and the fact Spurs can open a shop in Stevenage, home of a league two club, just shows how ruthless they are in trying to widen their fan base while giving smaller teams no chance to attract a new generation of kids to watch. The premier league is utterly rammed down our throats.

For anyone who's said this idea of B teams and the under 23s (full of non English players and 3 over the age of 23 who could already be full internationals) in the football trophy is a good idea, those that support the model Brentford have done in scrapping any under 18s academy, those that think FFP works for keeping clubs financially sound when all it does is keep smaller ambitious clubs down and finally that the likes of Sky are leading the charge against all this when in fact they're part of the cause of all this, I'm sorry these are things that have been part of the problem that's driven us down this road, all things that are fine for the clubs pushing it but bad for everyone else.

If you really want football to survive and don't like this, when it all opens up again, go and watch a local team, even if that's non league. Or even start now by watching their streamed games.

Personally I don't see a way how all this will happen, there is too much at stake, but what a bad taste it's left in everyone's mouth. I just hope it's a catalyst for change, rather than just everyone giving up on the game.

Rawle United (christopher) 20 April 2021, 16:13
Rängers Football Club wrote:
These glamour ties are glamour ties. They won't be once we've all seen them a million times. If they want to ruin football, I mean completely destroy it, they're on a good track, it's a cracker!

The fans will decide what happens, it's a fans game.
I really hope so, football will continue and recover if the 6 go, I feel for the fans of those clubs if it goes ahead as I would be lost as a fan if I supported one of them

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 20 April 2021, 19:54
Chelsea pulling out

Rangers FootbalI Club (PK) Forum moderator 20 April 2021, 19:57
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
Chelsea pulling out
The second I read the statement from Bayern was the second I forgot all about this nonsense.

Liverbirds Club (Taking a break) 20 April 2021, 20:01
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
Chelsea pulling out
Surely going to fall apart now. Thankfully

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 20 April 2021, 20:06
Liverbirds Club wrote:
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
Chelsea pulling out
Fingers crossed

Liverbirds Club (Taking a break) 20 April 2021, 20:21
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
Liverbirds Club wrote:
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
Chelsea pulling out
Fingers crossed
All falling apart now. Reports that Barca, Atletico and City are pulling out aswell.

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 20 April 2021, 20:34
Liverbirds Club wrote:
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
Liverbirds Club wrote:
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
Chelsea pulling out
Fingers crossed
All falling apart now. Reports that Barca, Atletico and City are pulling out aswell.
smiley smiley smiley

Rawle United (christopher) 20 April 2021, 20:44
does anyone think the damage is already done? fans will have a right go at these 6 clubs next season, again i feel for the fans as its not there fault but i think the player again not there fault will get loads of abuse when they are playing away from home