Forums

Miscellaneous

European Super League

Posted in Off Topic

Yorkshire Knights FC (Jamie) 21 April 2021, 15:51
Liverbirds Club wrote:
The most important thing for me, as a Liverpool supporter, is that we keep going. We have to take power away from the owners and into the hands of the supporters. Somehow implementing fan ownership is the only solution I can think of.
Create fans association, all agree to contribute an even share of the required £, purchase the majority shares. All major decisions go to a vote of the association members (fans). Happy days

EDIT: Then you could have crowd funded transfers, amazing smiley

Eaglescliffe FC (James Humphreys) 22 April 2021, 07:41
Liverbirds Club wrote:
The most important thing for me, as a Liverpool supporter, is that we keep going. We have to take power away from the owners and into the hands of the supporters. Somehow implementing fan ownership is the only solution I can think of.

If we are punished, all I hope for is that it doesn’t hurt our players. They don’t deserve to be punished, for actions taken by greedy owners.

And we also have to do something about UEFA. The new Champions League format that’s been voted through is almost as much of a shambles as ESL.
On the punishment bit, for me it should be treated the same as any other clubs owners who break the rules or act in a way that goes against fair football. I don’t think the authorities cared much about the fans or players of Luton, Portsmouth, Bolton and others when they took points off them because of the actions of the owners. So why should these 6 be immune from that too?

Liverbirds Club (Taking a break) 22 April 2021, 09:57
Eaglescliffe FC wrote:
Liverbirds Club wrote:

If we are punished, all I hope for is that it doesn’t hurt our players. They don’t deserve to be punished, for actions taken by greedy owners.

And we also have to do something about UEFA. The new Champions League format that’s been voted through is almost as much of a shambles as ESL.
On the punishment bit, for me it should be treated the same as any other clubs owners who break the rules or act in a way that goes against fair football. I don’t think the authorities cared much about the fans or players of Luton, Portsmouth, Bolton and others when they took points off them because of the actions of the owners. So why should these 6 be immune from that too?
We shouldn’t be immune to that. I just think that it would be unfair to punish the players, who actively played apart in opposing it. I think it differs from the cases that you mentioned, where it was financial “problems” that was the cause for punishment. If I remember correctly, I think the Bolton players went against the club by not playing, because they weren’t paid.
I don’t know what the solution is, I just hope that the punishment lands solely on the owners.

Eaglescliffe FC (James Humphreys) 22 April 2021, 10:14
I totally see your point, I do. And see how the players shouldn't be punished. But in the other cases, both players and fans were punished for the actions of the owners, so i feel it has to be the same line taken, otherwise it smacks of further elitism and looking after those at the top with different rules...