Forums

Miscellaneous

Staff search system...shambolic

Posted in General

Newcastle United FC (James) 14 December 2021, 19:32
How has the staff search system not been upgraded yet?
It's quite frankly a disgrace.
Trawling through hundreds and hundreds of pages for a 20 youth and 20 outfield to no avail (850 pages so far today).

Seems to me like its 'lets polish some S**** up and get an extra £2 a month premium),
rather than actually trying to improve the game to make it a better experience for consumers.

Hindle FC (Florent Sinama-Pongolle) 14 December 2021, 19:38
What's wrong with spending hours searching the pages not to find a single 20/20?

Newcastle United FC (James) 14 December 2021, 19:40
Hindle FC wrote:
What's wrong spending hours searching the pages not to find a single 20/20?
What's more amusing is this will more than likely (100%) be ignored by the powers that be.
Be a total different story if scripts started running to find them, be banned within minutes.

The Wrecking Crew (Gonzo) 14 December 2021, 20:19
The demand is FAR greater than the supply of 20/20 trainers. It`s as simple as that. A couple of things that could ease the problem is limiting the number of trainers a squad could employ. I have seen some bigger clubs with the same number of trainers as players on the team. One trainer for each player. Ridiculous. Four or five per team should be sufficient for any club, to be honest. And I will be the first to admit that I am as guilty as anyone as far as using more trainers than is really necessary. Also, I really believe that the difference between a 19/19 trainer and a 20/20 trainer is probably miniscule, so people should start getting used to the idea of using the lesser trainers. There are plenty of them available. This is the only way I could see helping to solve this situation. JMO.

Newcastle United FC (James) 14 December 2021, 21:27
The Wrecking Crew wrote:
The demand is FAR greater than the supply of 20/20 trainers. It`s as simple as that. A couple of things that could ease the problem is limiting the number of trainers a squad could employ. I have seen some bigger clubs with the same number of trainers as players on the team. One trainer for each player. Ridiculous. Four or five per team should be sufficient for any club, to be honest. And I will be the first to admit that I am as guilty as anyone as far as using more trainers than is really necessary. Also, I really believe that the difference between a 19/19 trainer and a 20/20 trainer is probably miniscule, so people should start getting used to the idea of using the lesser trainers. There are plenty of them available. This is the only way I could see helping to solve this situation. JMO.
I personally just don’t see the point in the game putting out trash trainers/scouts into the system, they’re never going to be hired.
Also a possible solution to me would be having a chance when a retired player shows his trainer/scout stats, you have the ability to send him away to ‘get his badges’ which would cost an amount of credits but also take time to do. For this instance let’s say 2 seasons (2 real life weeks). That would get the trainer 20 in one of the sections, and you have to repeat the process to get 20 in another section, so in essence you could get a 20-20-20 trainer in 6 weeks.
Obviously just an idea off the top of my head but personally it’s a better solution than what’s on offer now.

Perinthos (ReallyOldGuy) 14 December 2021, 23:41
Why do people need 20/20 trainers? As I understand it the stat used depends on the age of the player so splitting players between a 0/20 trainer and a 20/0 trainer is as good as having everybody being allocated to a 20/20 trainer.

Newcastle U FC (Rolf Bergström) 14 December 2021, 23:49
I personally just don’t see the point in the game putting out trash trainers/scouts into the system, they’re never going to be hired.
Also a possible solution to me would be having a chance when a retired player shows his trainer/scout stats, you have the ability to send him away to ‘get his badges’ which would cost an amount of credits but also take time to do. For this instance let’s say 2 seasons (2 real life weeks). That would get the trainer 20 in one of the sections, and you have to repeat the process to get 20 in another section, so in essence you could get a 20-20-20 trainer in 6 weeks.
Obviously just an idea off the top of my head but personally it’s a better solution than what’s on offer now.
[/quote]

Great suggestions James, I totally agree,
Rolf

Hindle FC (Florent Sinama-Pongolle) 15 December 2021, 01:05
Another suggestion would be to have staff members with low attributes across the board retire early.
Having staff members get to 68 years old, never being hired with less than 15/20 in all stats just pollutes the list, and it's useful to nobody.

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 15 December 2021, 02:04
Newcastle United FC wrote:
Love this idea!

Newcastle United FC (James) 15 December 2021, 07:37
Perinthos wrote:
Why do people need 20/20 trainers? As I understand it the stat used depends on the age of the player so splitting players between a 0/20 trainer and a 20/0 trainer is as good as having everybody being allocated to a 20/20 trainer.
So based on what you’re saying you don’t think a 15 year old
Midfielder would need a 20/20 trainer to be trained most effectively? I’ve always been told and believed the case is you would need 20/20 but I’m happy to be proven wrong if you have data to back up the argument.