Forums

Miscellaneous

Mobile friendly

Posted in General

Walsall Swifts (Limabeann) 12 February 2022, 22:18
Hi all,

So I have been playing the game on and off for a fair few years. My biggest problem with staying on the game is getting to a desktop or laptop to log on meaning I often don't get on for days and end up losing interest as it seemed like a chore to play on desktop. I know for a fact I would be hard-core on the game if it was a mobile friendly site as I am on my mobile most of my day. I know I can be played on mobile with certain adjustments but it isn't a great experience.

Two years ago a blog post was wrote up and one of the updates planned was a mobile friendly site and I was so excited but here we are and still no joy. This game has been out years now and I just don't think its acceptable for a site in 2022 to not have a mobile first design. I appreciate the dev team is small and they have a lot on but a mobile first site should be top of the list as it would attract new players and keep them. A good portion of people don't use Desktops day to day as their phone is far more convenient due to mobile first being the industry standard.

I apologise for the rant, I just don't get it. Maybe I'm naive. Do we know if anything is planned soon or if this has even been started in development. I just feel like I'm holding onto a dream that never comes.

Thanks

Kiwi Seagulls (Stewart Simpson NCC winners) 13 February 2022, 09:18
I only really play it on my mobile these days. Making tactics and training adjustments are a bit fiddly, but I’ve just got used to it now. It’s not that bad!

AFC Redhill (Alex Hatton) 13 February 2022, 13:32
Same here, have to zoom occasionally but have no issues doing anything really

FC Apollyon (Liam - CM) Community Manager 13 February 2022, 13:35
It is something that the developers are working towards this year - you can read more about the changes that are planned in the blogs: https://www.virtualmanager.com/blog

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 13 February 2022, 15:03
no issues when I have to use a mobile device just use zoom ,my preference remains desk top as you can have different tabs open and quicker access to more information for those last minute player purchases the only issue is with desk top is when altering match day squad formation however not a game killer unless its a last minute change then it can be touch and go .

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 13 February 2022, 21:16
Coptic Titans wrote:
no issues when I have to use a mobile device just use zoom ,my preference remains desk top as you can have different tabs open and quicker access to more information for those last minute player purchases the only issue is with desk top is when altering match day squad formation however not a game killer unless its a last minute change then it can be touch and go .
(The only thing in football that should be "touch and go" - is the football smiley
everything else should receive due consideration and be done with time to spare smiley )